Thursday, October 14, 2010

I know it's been a week...

I just haven't been in the mood to blog this week.  I am in my normal post MN funk of being a bit homesick, and struggling a bit with regard to getting back into the swing of things here at home.  I think I do so much running, and spend so much energy trying to accomplish all that needs to be done when I am north for a short weekend that I get overdrawn energy-wise and it takes a couple of days to recover (esp. from the drive).  Oh well, I am better today, which is nice.

We had a wonderful time in MN.  The boys stayed at Liisa's, the girls with me at my mom's.  We met up for various things, and did our own things as well.  Aurora took a tour of the U of M and it went really well.  She seems to like the campus and what they had to say about scholastic offerings etc. Brie also liked the campus and talked half-heartedly about maybe wanting to go there as well...  We must have spent a good three hours on campus between the tour, then walking around on our own.  It was fun and brought back lots of memories for me of my days there.  Despite the fact that they have added some new buildings and changed some buildings around (regarding what they house), the bones of the U remain the same and it isn't hard to get around once you know where you are or where you want to be.  We had gorgeous weather for being up there too, so that helped immensely.

Saturday was Jesse's lawn tractor party and bbq/bonfire.  Patrick spent much of his weekend up in Princeton with Tony and Jesse, which (I think) was really fun for him.  He spent time hanging with the older guys in the family and driving stuff.  He was a big help at the party too, with helping monitor times and place standings in the races.  Rei and Ryan spent Saturday day and night up there and they too had a ball.  The girls and I were there with the baby on Saturday from mid afternoon through late evening, and we had such fun.  Kristi and her family came up, as did Jen and the girls, so we had a nice representation of my side of the family.  We even took some fun pics of me, Jim, and our three kids!  I have to admit, it was odd seeing my ex interact with my step-kids, but he treated them no differently than he treats the rest of the kids, and it was fun to see.  Jesse's family also was there in full force, and that was fun to visit with them too. 

Sunday was a fairly quiet day.  I got together with a couple of girlfriends, and we also had a family dinner at my mom's.  So fun having a "typical family dinner at Grandma's house" for 20... My dad would have loved it!  I also spent lots of quality time with Justin and Alexis, and they adored baby Skye.  I was in love with Justin singing lullabies to her when she was fussing a bit, and watching Alexis hug and kiss the top of Skye's head.  I am so blessed in my family!

Monday was a loooooooong drive home.  Despite my best efforts, we really weren't out of the city much before 11:30 am, and we didn't get home til after 10 pm.  We seemed to need a few more stops (due to baby needs, meals, and gas) than we had needed on the ride up, but that is a matter that comes with travelling in two cars, with a 6 week old baby.  The drive itself wasn't too bad, and I even let Patrick drive for part of it.

Now we are trying to get back to whatever will soon pass for normal.  Brie sees her doctor tomorrow to get cleared to return to work status, then she is at drill all weekend (Grandma babysits).  She will need to get ahold of her manager at KK to find out what her schedule will be at the donut shop. Again, at least for the time being, I will be babysitting.  Not a huge deal, as Skye and I get along great.  Skye has her 2 month checkup the end of the month for her shots etc.  That will be interesting to see how much she has grown, given how voracious her appetite has been of late.

Anyhow, I will post pics when I get them up onto the computer.  I have been slacking lately doing that, and I know pics help to make this blog of mine more interesting...  Time to get some dinner started now tho'!

No comments: