Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday evening, time to relax!

I don't know that there is a lot to write about tonight (although when has that ever stopped me?) but it's Sunday night and it's time to reflect a little on the week past and the weekend. This has been such a crazy week and I am honestly glad it's over. It has been emotional and high stress, and while I learned a few things about myself because of it, I am hopeful this next week will be easier, quieter.

As an update on the family: Betty (Rollie's mom) is still in the hospital, and is still spiking fevers. There are no clear answers in sight and she is doing as well as can be expected: she hates being in the hospital but is dealing with it with grace and faith. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Erika is home from the hospital now, and is recouperating at home. She too has a long road ahead of her, but each day is a little easier from what she has said, so I am optomistic for her. Her healing is a matter of time and patience, not always her strong suit (as she would be the first to admit!). Andrea is still being followed up on for her abdominal issues and should be fine. She too just needs rest and time to feel better. My mom, daughter, and Andrea's mom have helped out with the kids so she can rest some (although lil Miss Alexis is showing "princess" tendencies when her mother is around and wantes to be catered to; a diva in training!). I have not heard anything further on Jenna's mom, other than she went home from the hospital. I keep her in my prayers as well.

I have spent some time this weekend cross stitching, which makes me very happy, and I have even read a complete novel! It's been nice to have some down time. The kids had bowling on Saturday and Aurora did really well her last game with a 210, and Reimond had a 127 his second and third games; the boys (Rei and Patrick) spent Saturday at Jared's for his 16th birthday, and they seemed to have fun, and Aurora played at the football game Saturday afternoon. Sadly our high school football team lost to their undefeated rival, and our dreams of the state championship are now dead. They ended their season with an 8-4 record, which they should be very proud of. Brianne had to work Saturday, so she and Aurora had a quiet evening relaxing and watching tv, while I read my book and Eric did homework. Today we had church: Brie and Cliff were greeters, and Aurora and Patrick were servers, so we did the family thing there, and late this afternoon was a youth ultimate football game at the church that the kids all went to (some more happily than others, although in the end they all participated). The Pastor also provided dinner, and it ended up just being me and the kids there for that, which was nice, but odd. As I told the kids when they were grumbling about needing to play, we belong to a very small church, with very few youth, so to my way of thinking, Youth activities are mandatory to support the church, especially given they only happen about once a month. The two youngest weren't necessarily happy about it, but they did comply. Now they're out and about with their friends (running between three households), while the older two are on the computer/watching tv. Eric is focused on homework, and I am going to shortly pour a glass of wine and find my knitting. Definitely a nice way to end a challenging week!

No comments: