Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sure do wish I were in MN right about now!

My son called me earlier today to say my daughter-in-law had been taken to the ER by him and the babies with stomache pains; he called a little bit ago to say that they think she has appendicitis and is currently on a morphine drip IV for the pain... Liisa has the babies at her house (although she has to work later this afternoon), and I am sure Andrea's mom will do a wonderful job of helping out and being supportive. I just feel so helpless right now being so far away! I wish I were closer and could be there to help out, or offer love and support! Right now all I can do is pray and wait (although I am not one to discount the power of prayer in the least--I KNOW it works!). I just am not a very patient person, despite what others think, and I am a worrier too. If I can see it with my own eyes, and hear what is being said, it helps me to understand and relax... My laundry and my cross stitching are getting a good workout today because I really need to keep my hands busy, and I am very glad I have my spinning class tonight (I think I get to actually try using the spinning wheel tonight!). I know that there is not that much I could do differently even if I were in MN, (except that I could help watch the babies) than I can do here--praying and worrying are universal after all--but I do wish I could be closer by...

No comments: