Thursday, May 7, 2009

Been a looooooonnng week...

I haven't written much this week because there has just been too much stress and I don't like to put things into the "public" eye that are personal and/or private in nature. Suffice it to say things have not settled down much, nor does it look like resolution is anywhere close to happening any time soon. I will say, however, that we are tired of vindictiveness, drama, and a lack of acceptance of responsibility by those who are creating it, and we will NOT tolerate it's continuance. Yesterday and today are Eric's days off this week, and we have had no time to just be... The drama finds a way to dominate all of us, and it's getting old, real fast.

I had Aurora and Reimond both at urgent care on Tuesday evening. Aurora has had hip pain for the better part of 2 months, and her trainer recommended she be seen as it isn't improving. They determined it isn't actually her hip that is bothering her, but rather the area above her hip, still in the pelvic region, and they believe she has tendonitis, where the tendon is attatched to her growth plate. She had an xray and nothing major showed on it, so she is on 600 mg of Ibuprofen three times a day for a week, and we have a follow up appointment set for Monday afternoon. She is restricted from running of any sort for the next two weeks, and has been encouraged to keep off it as much as possible. She wasn't happy about taking pills, but it was impressed upon her that if it doesn't heal, it could lead to more serious complications.

Reimond was seen because when he was in Minneapolis, he got "kicked in the balls" to put it bluntly, and he had some extreme swelling and pain that was lessening slightly, but not going away. It was determined that he had a "left spermical cord contusion," and he needs to follow up on Monday as well with his own physician, and perhaps with a urologist if things aren't improving. He too has been told to use ice and ibuprofen for the discomfort... Poor kid! He still hasn't said whether the kick he received was deliberate or accidental, only that it happened. What am I gonna do with him?

Eric bowled last night in his last league game of the season. His last game he had 9 strikes in a row, then left the 7 pin standing in the tenth frame. He ended his season with a 267 game, and they lost by 6 pins. Brianne was supposed to bowl with him, but elected not to get up from her nap and go with him when it was time to leave, and unfortunately, that left them minus a player. Perhaps they would have won had she been there. Who knows! It certainly came down to the wire and sounds like it was exciting. I couldn't be there because Aurora needed a parent representative at the high school for her band trip meeting. She leaves for Branson at 6 am next friday, and has to be to the school at 5 am. They are actually bringing in drug dogs to inspect all the luggage before they leave, and all personal possessions will be searched before they board the bus. A private security company has been hired to monitor the halls at the hotel from 11 pm to 6 am, and I was surprised to hear that the kids get "taped" into their rooms after bed checks so that if the tape gets broken, they have to answer for it. I understand it (and have fond memories of all the band and choir trips I have gone on in the past) and the reasons for it, but I do think it is a sad state of affairs that they need to resort to all these methods, just to protect the "good kids" from the poor decisions of the rest. Then again, when I was in Mexico, at the age of 17 and a half, all the alcohol we (legally!) drank, and the things we did sans chaperones, maybe things should have been tighter! Kids that age are impulsive and stupid sometimes! (Heehee, but I wouldn't trade my memories for anything--I had a blast!).

We were informed that the kid's mom will be here about noon on Sunday for Mother's Day (as well as her birthday), her court ordered days with the kids. The kids have been told the plan is to go to the mall and a movie for the day. Maybe Rei, Kimmie, and I will go do something for the day for me, since Eric is working and will need to sleep. She will be back down on the 22nd to get Patrick and Aurora for Memorial weekend, and my guess is we will need to pick them up in IN on the 25th. Then, she will be back down on the 27th for court. Eric is actually on vacation the week leading up to Memorial weekend (he requested it off when we were planning for Patrick's graduation), so it's gonna be a nice long break for him off, from the 15th to the 26th, so 12 days. (He will, however, need to take the 27th off too, as he is back on days then, and he has court). I cannot wait!

I am very happy that Eric bought me a new camera on Monday. It was part of a huge sale at Best Buy, and we got a wonderful deal on it. It makes me so happy to have a camera again--I have really missed it! I told him it could count for Mother's day and even birthday if he wants, but then again, if he chooses, it can be a "just because I needed one" gift as well... I'm not greedy!

Looking at the time, I guess I should get moving on the rest of my day. Got lots of chores to do today, including clearing the mud from the floors after all the rain we have had, and we need to cut the grass as well--it's starting to look very meadowish out there!

No comments: