Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day, 2009

My Mother's day was very nice. Eric started my day with pink and lavender roses on the kitchen table, along with a very lovely card. He also brought me a bouquet of yellow flowers that he put in the bedroom for me (he wanted the greenery and baby's breath for the roses!). Rei and Kimmie followed with a lovely Yankee Kitchen candle, in the scent of Lilacs, and to complete the display, we added the pink monkey! The kids and Eric finished up the few chores we hadn't completed on Saturday, while I drank coffee and cross stitched, and it was a full morning.


The kid's mom came to get them around 12:30, and they left for the afternoon and evening, a day of bowling, wandering the mall, dinner, and a movie (they got to see the new Star Trek movie, something Eric and I hope to go see soon). It seemed like they had an ok time, and they got home around 9:30 or so. In the meantime, Rei, Kimmie, and I went to run a few errands (exchanged a shirt for Rei that he needed exchnging, got a book of poetry for Kimmie she needed for school, and bought some Brides magazines for me), then the kids and I went to Red Lobster for dinner. We had a wait of about 45 minutes to be seated, then had a really nice meal.

Eric had been invited to join us, but he had only slept about 3 hours that morning (prior to the kid's mom arriving), so he decided to return to bed. We brought him home left-over so he had a nice meal for later at work. We came home so I could be sure he was up for work, then we just hung out at home for the rest of the late afternoon and early evening. I got calls from Liisa, Tony, and Andrea, and I called my mom and sister up at the lake (my mom went to the lake with Kristi and her family). It was nice to visit with them!

Rei and Kimmie made a cake for me, surprising me by coloring it purple (it was a white cake mix). We only had chocolate frosting left in the cupboard, so chocolate icing it was. Despite it's interesting color, it was quite tasty, and it was a first for Rei, who had never made a cake before!

When Brie, Aurora, and Patrick came home, they crowded into my room to talk about their activites, and it was a nice end to the day. In talking to their Mom, it sounds like the plan is to go camping over Memorial weekend, and we made sure to pass on that Aurora needs to be at graduation that friday because it is a huge part of her grade for the term.

Today was another really full day. I had to take Rei to the clinic for a follow up on his injury. He still has quite a bit of inflammation present, and the doctor believes he has a blood clot in that area; we are going to give it another week of healing, and if it isn't better, or the pain intensifies again, we will need to get him in to see the urologist. In the meantime, he is to be taking 6oo mgs of ibuprofen twice a day, and continue to use supportive garments and ice as needed. I took him back to school (he missed 2nd and 3rd hour), and came home. Then, Eric and I took Aurora in for a follow up too, pulling her out of school at 2 p.m. She feels that things are not any better than they were a week ago, when she was seen at urgent care, and the doctor wants her to have an MRI. I will need to call and get that set up. Pending the results of that, they will either schedule an appointment with an orthopedist, or for physical therapy. She too needs to continue on her ibuprofen regiment, much to her dismay, and we made a point of buying more at Walmart on our way home (perhaps we should take out stock in the company!). Lots of running around! I had told Aurora we were going to get her a bottle that she can take with her when she goes to Branson (she has permission to have it with her) as they are going to do a lot of running around and I didn't want her to be uncomfortable.

Now Eric is out cutting the grass, again (second time this week!) because with all the rain we have had, the yard has been looking like a field. As he put it, between the rain and the sun, the grass is growing by leaps and bounds. I am taking these few minutes to blog, then it is off to start dinner!

No comments: