Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunny Sunday~

This is another comic that made me laugh... It so reminds me of my kids growing up. No matter how hard I tried to teach them good manners, they always had an excuse and a reason for what they were doing that made it somehow "ok" to be rude. I still don't understand it, but this made me laugh none-the-less.

I needed a laugh today. I am feeling under the weather. I had a scratchy throat start yesterday, and I figured it was allergies, but then it developed in to a cough that kept me up and uncomfortable most of the night and into today. My head feels fine, just my chest and my throat are uncomfortable. I worked last night despite feeling punk and that didn't help. We didn't get out of the store until 10:45 (almost an hour past my scheduled end time) so I wasn't home til almost 11:30 last night. Never worked a close before. I was really frustrated last night and I am not sure how I am going to fix it. I put in a request 2 weeks ago to have the end of next week off so I can go to MN. I looked at the schedule last night and I am only scheduled to work one 4 hour shift--next Saturday, day 3 of my five days out of town. I am going to see if I can find someone to cover it for me, but if I can't I will quit. It strikes me as unfair that they cannot give me hours (and I have been more than flexible with them) but when I follow the policy and request specific time off, it gets ignored. I am not giving up another trip back to MN because of a 4 hour shift in the midst of it. I can't! I really NEED to "go home" and see everyone! I was so upset about it last night that I was near tears. I enjoy my job, but I really need something that is more predictable, that pays better, and that I can work at with my family life too. Maybe that's selfish of me, but it's how I feel. I give my all when I am there, but they are giving me very little consideration in return.

The kids go into finals on Monday. They are about as ready as they are going to be I think. Patrick is off with friends at the park, and Rei, Kimmie, and Aurora are at the pool for the afternoon. Eric has been playing Everquest while I have read and napped on the bed, and he just started the grill for dinner--porkchops I believe. It's a gorgeous day and I would have liked to be outside more, but it's better I just lay low for today. Tomorrow is a whole new day to get stuff done and enjoy the weather. I need to find more cough syrup and lay back down, but I hope everyone had a good weekend! I know I did over all...

1 comment:

deb said...

hope you feel better. i hope i can see you when you come home.