Sunday, January 30, 2011

And so the weekend comes to a close.

It has been a fairly productive weekend, although there are still a few things undone. I have 2 Christmas gifts I am still knitting on, and haven't gotten them done yet. Hopefully they will be ready by Valentine's day. That is my new goal anyway.  I have the travel league shirts almost finished for the team (embroidering the kid's names on them), and I will finish them up tomorrow. It just feels like there are never enough hours in the day!

On the homework front I have to still write up the first part of my project for my class, but I am not sure if I will get it done before midnight or not. Skye is sick with a cold, and while she fell asleep with me, she woke up crying a few times and looked to see that I was there. I hadn't planned on watching her tonight, but Brie and her date wanted to watch a really scary movie with Aurora and her date down in the living room, and didn't necessarily want Skye exposed to it, so whatever. I didn't get the rest of my project done though because every time I got going on things she woke and needed comforting. I will need to finish it tomorrow.  It's really not worth a huge part of my grade, so I am not terribly concerned that it isn't done. I have enough started on it that I can make a decent showing on it.

Eric will be off Monday and Tuesday, as well as next weekend, although he still has school tuesday and thursday. I am watching the news right now and they are predicting the coming of the storm of the century so to speak: lots of ice and freezing rain, beginning tomorrow, then getting heavier tomorrow during the day, then significant snow and ice coming through on Tuesday thru Wednesday.  They are sharing all sorts of fears of power outages, grocery stores running out of supplies, etc. They are discussing the fears that this will be worse than the one in 2006, which (I believe) is the one Eric's grandmother died in, and then they are talking about a 1982 blizzard too...  I was in MN for both of them, and other than the ice, I am fairly comfortable with whatever comes.  They are saying it could cripple the area for days though, so I am curious about what it will be like.  Potentially more snow days off from school for the kids...  Blech!

Liisa is talking about maybe coming down to see us for a week mid-February.  I hope she comes!  I have missed my girl, and would love to spend some quality time with her.  I have friends asking when I will be in Minneapolis next, and the honest truth is I don't know.  My grandbabies keep asking me too to come see them and I miss they so much.  I love talking to them on the phone, but sometimes it's hard to hear them clearly so I need someone nearby to translate for me (because they get their mouths too close or too far from the speaker).

I think I am gonna get Skye moved into her crib once Brie gets upstairs. Given her not feeling well and the intermittant fussing I don't want her in her crib all by herself. Brie asked me if I was going to keep her here in bed with me over night but I would rather she be in her crib.It just seems safer that way. Brie bought rice cereal for the baby to start feeding her with, but we still need to get some baby spoons and stuff to feed her with.  We still need to get her in for an appointment for her 4 month immunizations, which she is now behind on, being 5 months old.  There had been a mixup with the time, and Brie missed the appointment. Then, when Brie called about it, she was told they would be on the wait list, but was never called last week. She should be calling them on Monday to get it set up.

We did finally get the tree down and put away.  That is a good feeling! And I got my sewing area somewhat set up/cleaned up from making the quilts and having the sewing machine in the shop.  I did get a big laugh out of sharing that I had been "professionally serviced by Steve." Brie and I laughed til we cried! 

I never know quite how to end my entries.  It's sorta like a letter, but I feel odd signing off that way; yet I know I have readers and want to somehow acknowledge that too...  So I will just say good night for now.  It's time to get my nightgown on and settle in with my Nook before I fall asleep.

No comments: