Friday, January 7, 2011

Brief update:

I went over to the local hospital today for an outpatient scan of my left calf after the pain increased significantly and Eric saw some bruising behind my knee.  The scan was negative for blood clots or cysts, so the assumption now is that it's either muscular or tendon related.  Regardless, it hurts still to walk on for extended periods of time, and going up and down the stairs is very uncomfortable. I am to treat it symptomatically for the next little while and if it doesn't improve, then I need to go back.

I talked to the sewing machine place today about my embroidery machine.  It has something seriously wrong with it and needs to be sent back to the factory for fixing. I am so grateful we bought the extended warranty on it because even with all the sewing I have done on it in the year I have had it, I don't think I have gotten my money's worth out of it yet.  The unfortunate part has been postponing the embroidery projects I had deadlines for of this weekend, things I wouldn't have been able to complete even without taking it in, because it just wouldn't work.  So frustrating though. I feel like my arm has been cut off without it.  I may not use it every day, but when I need it, I depend on having it there.

This is going to be a busy weekend, with Brie going to Chicago with her unit to drive some trucks up there over her weekend of drill.  Aurora has a sleepover tonight for the girl's bowling team, and she wants to go see a boy's tournament tomorrow.  Rei has bowling, and Eric and I are babysitting Skye all weekend. Sunday is a travel league match, down in Arnold, MO near where Eric goes to school.  And I am not sure what Aurora has planned with regard to that, as she is still not eligible to bowl until the high school season is over. Also not sure what Patrick has planned for the weekend.  I hope today isn't a foreshadowing of what our weekend is going to be like with Skye: she is not being a happy baby today.  Not crying exactly, but whiny and wanting to be held. She has not been happy with much of anything today. And I unfortunately hurt her pointer finger this afternoon when I was clipping her nails.  She shifted and I nipped the tip of her finger.  It bled like I had knifed her and I felt miserable about it. We tried to put pressure on it but she wanted no part of that, so we put a band-aid on it, then watched her carefully to be sure she didn't eat the band-aid. It doesn't seem to be bothering her now.

Ok, on to the weekend. And here's being thankful for the extended warranty: it will cover all parts, labor and everything!

No comments: