Monday, June 1, 2009

Yay, it's all settled!

I went in to work this morning and followed up on my work schedule for this week. The manager who made the schedule acknowledged that I had turned in the request for time off, and she thought she had given it to me. I pointed out that as of Saturday night I was on for next Saturday, which would be difficult to do seeing as I was planning to be in MN that weekend, and she laughed and said "no worries," that she would correct it because it was her mistake. I was so relieved! I then spoke with our education coordinator and my class I am teaching in a bit less than 2 weeks has 2 students signed up for it, so I went and bought my pattern and fabric so I can make a finished product to show/share with the class. Another good feeling (although expensive! Neither the pattern nor fabric were on sale, so other than my discount, I paid full price! Good thing I really like them!).

Other than that I haven't done too much else today that I had on my agenda. I am feeling much better today, although I still needed a nap for a bit after I got home (I think it's the cold medicine that is making me drowsy), but now I feel up to tackling some of the chores and stuff I want to take care of before I go out of town. Eric is gonna have a very quiet weekend! Rei and I will be gone; Aurora and Patrick will be in IN; Brie is, to all intents and purposes not living at home any more; and Cliff now has a house he is renting with a few friends (about 20 mins from here in the next town over, NE from us). Kimmie's dad is supposed to be in town that weekend, so she will probably be with her parents, or bounce between her parents, here, and friend's houses in the neighborhood (although I did tell her she was welcome to come to MN with us too if that is how things work out). I'm sure Eric will get lots of gaming in while I am gone! He's going to need to go pick up Aurora and Patrick from IN for Tuesday morning, so my guess is he'll drive up on Monday sometime, spend the night in IN, and then drive back Tuesday morning. He starts his new term of classes that Tuesday night, so he'll need to be there.

The kids are home from school, so I guess I should go see what they are up to. Happy June 1st everyone!

No comments: