Friday, December 18, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Big sigh of relief!  It is finally starting to look and feel like Christmas around here!  Eric and I spent the day "power shopping" and we have all the "to be mailed out" gifts done.  Now comes the fun of wrapping everything and sending it out (heeheehee).  There are still a few things that need to be purchased for our kids, but we know what we are doing for them, so we are set.  Eric is planning to get the tree started for me today, so that the kids and I can decorate tonight, and then I will start putting stuff out/under the tree.  Liisa and I coordinated on our computers last night with webcam stuff so I can see Christmas Eve at my mom's, and I am excited for that too.  Because some of the other stuff is done, I can perhaps do some baking next week, with the kids home and on their winter break.  Aurora will be headed to her mom's on Saturday, which is somewhat frustrating because we should be able to have her through Saturday (7 days for that part of the winter break--last I heard, the week runs Sunday to Saturday), but as her mom will be transporting her both ways, I guess there isn't much we can do about it.  It is disappointing though that this can't be discussed.  Aurora wanted to be here for her full Christmas week off, but it isn't going to happen that way.

I am feeling better, although I do wish the cough would let go--it is still naggingly there.  So far the furniture is doing wonderful, although Eric's freshly shampooed carpet has blood spots everywhere on it.  Leina has a cut above her dew claw on her right back leg, and she keeps worrying it, and bleeding all over everything!  It isn't a huge cut, but when irritated bleeds profusely.  The kids tried wrapping it in an ace bandage to hold a gauze pad on, but she wasn't having any part of that.  It is better today, but now we have many places that need "spot cleaning".  It never ends!

My next order of business is figuring out Christmas cards.  Perhaps I can get a good picture and do it that way over the next few days and send something out between Christmas and New Years...  My good intentions from last year went out the window and I never did get any sent out.  Hmmmm. 

The neighbor's dog had puppies yesterday, 4 teensy weensy teacup sized puppies, and our girls are enamoured.  Eric and I have firmly said NO, but the begging halfheartedly continues.  These little ones don't have much for fur, and their eyes are not even close to being opened (duh, they are just hours old), but as Eric says, they would be snacks for our dogs and cats here if ithey were brought in. 

Anyhow, that is the update for today.  Hopefully the next entry will have pics again!

No comments: