Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sorry for the blogging delay...

It's just been a very busy week!

Monday I had the paper from hell due, and spent most waking hours prior to thanksgiving working on it. It was due (posted) by noon on Monday; I had it posted at 10:29 am...  I was quite pleased.  Just checked online and no grade has been posted for it as yet, so my fingers remain crossed...  After typing forever on that thing, I just didn't feel much like writing/typing for a few days...  Which then got away from me.

After posting the paper, I was very excited to spend some time with Eric reinforcing my butcher block table (brought here from Minneapolis, however, we somehow lost the screws for it).  Once it was standing solidly, I unboxed my new sewing machine and set it up.  It took me a good hour and a half (ok, closer to 2 hours) to screw up my courage and plug it in, wind a bobbin, and thread it, but I have to admit, it is amazing, and everything I had hoped for in a sewing machine.  I have NOT used the embroidery functions as yet, only the decorative stitches, but it is amazing!  The embroidery parts remain in their suitcase until my classes (which start monday) so I set it up correctly.  Don't want to screw it up my first time out!  I really am thrilled with it though.  I have already sewn one christmas gift on it, and it is quite impressive to me.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I had to work.  The mornings were steadily busy and for the most part went by quickly.  Wednesday Brianne flew up to Minneapolis, where she bought Jesse's brother's car (she is thrilled with it!).  Then she drove to Fargo, ND where she visited with a friend (from Hawaii) who is stationed there, then drove on Thursday to Nebraska somewhere to see another friend, and finally arrived back home last evening.  She has drill all weekend, but then plans to drive to NC on Monday to see someone, has plans to go to someone else's graduation on Friday (at Ft. Leonardwood perhaps?) and then is taking Eric to a concert on Saturday.  She is still not working (other than her National Guard stuff) so I hope she figures something out about that soon...  Otherwise life is gonna start getting expensive for her, what with supporting a fancy phone (with internet on it) and a vehicle...

Friday Eric and I went out to breakfast after dropping the pilot off at the dealership for an oil change.  We spent part of it discussing our plans for December (coordinating calendars, planning for the holidays); then we went over to Weekend's Only, a furniture outlet store here in town, and we ended up BUYING new living room furniture!  I am so excited! I have never had new furniture in my entire life, so this was amazing for me!  We got a couch, a loveseat, and a 1.5 person chair and an ottoman, all for about $1000.  I was planning to pay for it outright, but we decided to do the financing thing (just for convenience), as our Christmas gift to each other, and it will be delivered on Tuesday.  Then we will get the tree up (after rearranging the living room around) and I cannot wait!  The furniture is a beige, microsuede top (cushions, armrests, seats--very plush), with dark brown leather for the sides, back, and "baseboard" (our concession to the dog's being naughty--easier to keep clean and less risk of stuff soaking in... BUT I will kill them if they damage my new furniture!) We also got a 5 year warranty on it against stains, damage, etc. which should take us through getting everyone graduated...  I had initially wanted something more patterned, and darker, but the more we looked, the more this set grew on us, and given we haven't painted or anything yet, if seemed like something that would work for us with any color (I can use my afghans or quilts without concern for clashing colors).  I am quite pleased, and very excited to have it arrive.  We will trash the old sectional with no tears at all--that thing is falling apart under us!

Today has been bowling for the kids (Aurora is at a tournament for the day, and Rei bowled youth league); this afternoon I have to teach sock knitting...  Which reminds me, I need to fly--just looked at the time and I am gonna be late!

1 comment:

deb said...

I am so happy for you to get new furniture. How exciting and fun! I am thrilled. Hope your grade is an A after all the work you did on it. It has all been worth the wait girl!