Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Windy blustery day!

I couldn't believe the weather today!  We had blowing snow, although none of it stuck, and the wind was so strong it blew the neighbor's trampoline from three doors south of us, through the backyards, and landed vertically against the side of the house to the north of us!  Our heavy black grill got dumped over on its side next to the back door, and the outdoor chairs all got blown over as well.  Even my big bird feeder ended up in the grass and not on the hook where it belongs.  As I drove to work today the van was shuddering against the wind, and I "white knuckled" it all the way to work.   It wasn't as bad on the drive home, but was definately cold!

I continue to work on the last of my assignments for this term.  I have not found an internship site as yet, and I have sent the appropriate emails to my university about it.  I asked if they could forward me some suggestions, and I have also needed to ask for permission to do my "integrative project" out of sequence (before the internship) so I don't lose ground.  One step at a time!  That's all I can do.

Not much else to really chat about tonight.  Things are going fine here, and we are just trying to get ready for the holidays.  I cannot believe how fast the days go by sometimes!  It seems like November just flew past, and December isn't slowing down much either...

No comments: