Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another later than normal post for me...

but it's been a busy day. Kimmie finally got travel arrangements made by her father, and she left this morning for Arizona. He called with the details early evening last night, and she had an 11:45 a.m. flight today. They went with Southwestern Airlines because it is one that does no require an unaccompanied minor surcharge, and she only had one plane change, in Kansas City. She called me at 4 p.m. to say she was there and safe, and it was arranged that an older brother of her friend would be meeting her on that end. I was a bit worried about her getting on the plane: she had NO ID (she had to turn in her school ID at the end of the school year, and her birth certificate was with her parents in another state). She showed the TSA agent her ticket and explained that she was only 14 and they let her go through! I was relieved that they let her, but given our heightened security at the airports, I was worried. She will be in AZ thru mid July, and is still planning to go to Canada to see other family friends for a few weeks, if the ID situation can be figured out. She was a happy girl to be going and I was glad for her.

Eric and I both went with her to the airport, then we stopped off at Union Station for some browsing and lunch. We went to Hoolihan's, and sat outside on the deck overlooking the lake/pond they have there. We had a delicious lunch and I was tickled to try a Trio Mini-tini: a choice of three small flavored martini's from a list of about 7-8 flavors/kinds. I had a Key Lime, a Chocolate, and a Raspberry flavored martini. Never had a three martini lunch before (although I had heard of them in the movies, heeheehee) and it was very nice! We continued on the train to Scott, then ran to pick up my prescription refills, and to buy aloe for the kids. Yesterday Rei and Aurora went to the pool around 11:30 or so, and I joined them there around 2:30. I was smart and put on sunscreen before I left (SPF 30), while the brats didn't put on any at all! We were there until they closed for the adult swim at 5, and we had a wonderful time! They, of course, were lobsterfied by the time they got home, and we dosed them with ibuprofen and what aloe we had here at home over night; we found some today that has lidocaine in it to help with the tenderness, so that is what they are using this afternoon and evening. They are moving fairly stiffly today, and chose to stay inside in the air conditioning and just take it easy for the day.

After we got home from our outing we got some paperwork together because we had an appointment this afternoon, and after that Eric decided to mow the lawn. He came in wringing wet, as today was the hottest day of the year so far (he started mowing at 6 pm). By 10 he was wiped out and in bed. Probably for the best, given he works at 6 am tomorrow. I too am working tomorrow, 8:30 - 1:30, but I will need to get up extra early to drive Brianne to work first, come home and be sure the kids are up for school, ready myself for work, and be back on the road by 8. Then, I need to pick Brie up again and bring her home with me, so we will be here finally around 2:30/3 pm. Eric works all weekend, but I am off (I believe--gotta check the schedule to see if I work Sunday or not).

Letterman has been a bit entertaining lately, but I haven't kept it on beyond his monologue. Sometimes I really enjoy his top 10 lists, but nothing has been too intriguing lately (worth staying up for). I think it's time I go to bed too--Eric's alarm goes off at 4 am, he needs to leave by 5, and Brie has to be on the road by 5:30 for her 6 am start... Blech! I am gonna need my coffee tomorrow!

1 comment:

deb said...

Glad Kimmie got off ok. Thanks for the email. I appreciate it.