Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Doing a little better now...

I ran over to the clinic and got my errand done there, I browsed at Target for a half hour or so (got bird seed for the feeders and carpet cleaner for the steam machine); then I browsed at The Bead Place, where they have some lovely new yarns in, and I ran by JoAnn's to see if the hours were up yet for Sunday. Given they aren't posted yet, and the person doing the schedule won't be in til Thursday (and that is the day I plan to leave for MN) I was told to just leave a note for the manager that I cannot work on Sunday as I will be out of town, and that should cover me. When I got home I still had a pretty fierce headache, so I popped some ibuprofen and drank some water, and it's much better now.

Sadly, the dishes have not been washed, nor has the kitchen been cleaned, so I will be dealing with that shortly. Eric has class tonight, so he won't be home til after 10:30 or so; he is off tomorrow and Thursday, but has class in the morning, so he'll be up early doing homework before he leaves. I have a ton of chicken breasts roasting right now and what isn't eaten will be diced up for salads or quesadillas. Brie is working on reading her Chemistry book and doing assignments; she says she is trying to get a head start on college for next spring. Aurora had a bad sore throat last night, but is feeling better today. She continues to lay low today/tonight. Rei is off at a friend's down the street, and Patrick was gone all night last night and most of today with friends. He swung by home, but has now headed out again to go watch a movie at someone else's house. Patrick is developing quite the social life!

I think I am gonna spend tonight watching tv and working on some handwork, have not decided which project yet. I really want to get going on sewing up some garments I have the fabrics and patterns for (for me). I really need some better summer clothes, especially tops, given how hot it gets here. I have some really nice patterns I bought a year or so ago, complete with fabric and notions, all I need to do is lay them out, cut them out, and sew them up! I am excited!

So I am still a little edgy tonight, but not as crabby. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

No comments: