Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A final check in before our trip this weekend:

Rei, Kimmie, and I will be headed for MN after the kids get home from school. The laundry is done, although the rest of the house still needs some fine-tuning. Eric and I decided to steal some time for us and went to see "Angels and Demons" (Dan Brown, a Ron Howard movie) and it was very good. The book was better, of course, but the movie was good. I just wish it had been a bit less graphic with some of the murder scenes... I prefer subtlety to explicitness. I found out that Eric has neither seen "The DaVinci Code" nor has he read the book, so some of the references in this movie were lost on him. He liked it though, and I was glad we could see it together.

I am driving the van up. Since having it fixed, the gas mileage has significantly improved, it handles well, and the mechanic said it is good to go. We will add washer fluid to it in the morning and double check the rest of the fluids, and of course once I am there, have many mechanics who can double check things for me if need be. Tony is in California for the next two weeks, won't even be at his graduation from Welding school. He is going through some specialized training courtesy of the Army Reserve, and is somewhere outside of Las Vegas, because one of his army buddies lives in Vegas now with his wife and baby, and Tony is hoping to get together with them at some point. We were both disappointed I won't see him this trip, but I will make a point to go back up there to see him (or have him come down to me) later this summer. He is still talking about deploying back to Iraq with his unit when the go in September, so I am saying lots of prayers.

Aurora and Patrick are headed to IN with their mom sometime Friday afternoon. Brie said she would be here with them when their mom comes to get them, as Eric will be at work (he works all weekend). He will make the trip to pick them up for Tuesday, so we all will be on the road Tuesday! He really won't have too much time to enjoy being home alone and I think he'll actually enjoy the peace and quiet. That has been sadly lacking around here for quite awhile.

I will take my lap top with me so I will be available by email while I am gone; probably won't do any blogging though til I get back. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: