Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sooooo frustrated right now!

I have been on the phone for the better part of the morning with the Geek Squad, regarding the status of my desktop tower. They said that the "hardware" checked out just fine, therefore the error was in the software, namely the Window's operating system. And it is going to cost money to fix it. I said it is under warranty, and we even purchased the extended warranty package, so it should all be covered. No, they said, they are not responsible for software issues, that those are a separate charge... I asked what could disrupt the operating system "out of the blue" as it was (the blue screen of death popped up overnight, without it being played on, used, anything!) and he said it could be a virus (not probably--we are too careful with where we go, who uses it, and running the antivirus stuff faithfully), it could be because it wasn't shut down properly (again, unlikely as it is rarely shut down, just hibernates as a rule), or due to a power outage--that *may* be the culprit--we lost power in one of our really bad storms a week or so ago, including power surges prior to everything going black; or just a random "corruption" in the system... "who can say? There is no way to figure out the cause." Regardless, they are "not responsible" for it financially, we are. Then, they asked me for the recovery discs, as they need them to restore the system after they repair it... Huh? We were never given recovery discs, and to be honest, were never told we needed to make some... I pointed out they put everything on that is on it when we bought it, along with the protection package we purchased thru them (Best Buy/the Geek Squad), and we were NEVER given any discs of any sort... Long story short, I had to call Gateway to order (and pay for) recovery discs that will take up to 2 weeks to get here, then we need to take them in to the Geek Squad, before they can fix the tower. Then they argued briefly with me about putting the protections back in place, but when I had it on my receipt that we had paid for it, they backed down slightly and said they would replace the antivirus package at no extra charge (restarting the year of protection from the restore point). Needless to say I am frustrated. I have babied that tower and system; the kids are frustrated that they are not allowed to use it at all for anything, and I took great care of it! When it worked, it was amazing, and I loved it. I told them to go ahead and fix it, because if we don't it becomes a very expensive dust magnet (can't even use it as a gaming system or word processor without the window's operating system), but man I am ticked off.... AAAaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

I am also a bit frustrated about the state of the house. Brie had said she'd do dishes yesterday as I was leaving for work; when I got home, after a long and busy day, the kitchen had not been touched. I asked her about it and she said, "oh yeah, I'll do them at 3", so I went upstairs to change, relax (ended up taking a nap for a bit). Went back downstairs to start dinner, and NOTHING had been done! I totally cleaned the kitchen, from top to bottom, made dinner, and told her how disappointed I was that she didn't follow through. Late last night, she again decided to "cook" (made waffles for herself and some friends), and I went downstairs to total and complete chaos again in the kitchen this morning... Flour all over the counter, dishes stacked, syrup out; I couldn't even get to the coffee pot to make some! She was sleeping, so I didn't talk to her about it, just made my coffee, got some breakfast, and meandered back upstairs to then fight with the geek squad. Now I find out they made cookies... I hope they clean the kitchen too because I will raise hell if I have to clean up after their cooking. I always clean up as I go, so that the mess is minimal when I bake!

I need to run to the clinic and pick up Aurora's orders for her ultrasound, then run to the base and make her appointment. I also need to run to target and get a few things we need. But before I do any of that, I have to write an email to Eric with his homework questions typed up because he forgot the handouts at home and he has to finish up on that before class tonight (He's at work). Just remembered about that one!

I may write more later. Sorry for being cranky right now!

No comments: