Friday, June 12, 2009

TGIF!

It's friday and I'm glad. I taught my class today and it went well, however, I only had 2 kids sign up and only one showed. The class is 2-2hour sessions to make simple lounge pants (I will have to take a picture of the pair I made as a sample--it's adorable and I love the fabric I used, even if it was more expensive than I had intended). The young girl that was there enjoyed her 1-1 attention, and she completed her pants except for the hems on the legs; she was under the impression that it was only one class, and will be on vacation next week, so we will see if my other student shows for that class. Regardless, I am on the schedule for the morning, so I will be there working either way.

Summer school is going fine for the kids. Kimmie decided to not go, so she is finding other things to occupy her time; rumor has it that she will be doing some travelling to visit family friends over the next month (Canada and Arizona). We haven't been given many/any details as yet so my guess is it's still in the talking stages right now. Patrick has been awesome in doing chores first thing in the morning before heading off to hang with friends, which I am really appreciating, and Aurora is driving for the first time with her dad (to the grocery store), as she needs to get in 6 hours of driving before Monday. Brianne is living back at home for the time being and so far, so good. I hope it continues to go well! Reimond is staying on top of his homework, and I think this will be good for him to have the structure of summer school. Our pool pass has come in handy so far and the kids have made good use of it. If the temps go up to what they are predicting for mid-next week, I will be making good use of it as well!

Eric and I are going on a wine-tasting tour tomorrow with some people he knows from work. We will be meeting at their house, then taking a party bus with a number of other couples to tour some wineries in the St Louis area and I am really looking forward to this. It sounds like lots of fun! He is off this weekend and we are going to take advantage of it! This is something I have always wanted to do and have never done before, and I guess the couple that has arranged it do it each year for their wedding anniversary. What a nice idea!

I'm really enjoying my bird feeders out front. The birds have discovered the feeders and it is so much fun to see them flock to the tree and snack. We have doves there as well as more common birds, and while I still need to hang my humming bird feeder, I really like sitting on the swing watching them. Even sitting here on my bed I can see the birds as they gather in the tree out front, and it makes me smile. Our new tree in the back is doing ok. We are debating staking it a bit because it is leaning slightly, not terribly noticable, but we see it and think we may need to help it adjust a bit.

I am so glad that I had the opportunity to go to MN last weekend. My heart feels restored and it was so wonderful to see everyone again. Living so close to everyone, I really feel like I took them for granted, and now, with the distance between us, I really appreciate being able to spend time with them when I can. Minneapolis feels home-like to me, and I love the comfort of being there, but Mascoutah, and Eric, is home for me now. I can appreciate being here more, having been back to see everyone, and recognizing that it truthfully isn't MY home any more. Things at Liisa's feel good, but different. It truly is becoming her space, and I appreciate that very much. She has made some nice changes to the main floor, and she is working hard on the yard and gardens. I miss what was, but I appreciate what I now have as well, and I am content.

I spent some time online looking at jobs again and I am still so discouraged over the lack of things in my field/area of expertise. I am considering if it makes sense for me to get recertified as a nursing assistant down here, because there are jobs for that available; I am interested in getting my butt back in school and perhaps focusing on an LMFT certificate (along with finishing my MS), but in the meantime, we need a more reliable second income, and I feel so hopeless sometimes in not contributing better to the family coffers... I have prayed over it until I am prayed out, and I know in my heart God has a plan, but I just don't see it yet and I am feeling so lost right now. It's not that I have given up on job hunting--I continue to check the listings on a regular basis; I am just discouraged that I haven't gotten responses from any of the resumes/applications I have already sent out. I am trying to be patient, but I feel bad when I see Eric stressing over bills. If anyone has any ideas, I am open to them!

That sums up my week this week. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: