Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chores, the never-ending cycle!

I went down into the laundry room this morning and I swear our garments procreate! Every time I think I have caught up with everything the room refills, like the straw in the story Rumplestiltskin, and I have to somehow turn it into gold...er....clean clothes. The kids tend to do their own laundry but it looks something like this: 10 p.m. "oh man, I need clothes for tomorrow"... hurry scurry gather everything up, dump it on the laundry room floor, then fill the washer til it's so full there is no room for water; add detergent, and start it.... "Mooooommmm, can you throw my stuff in the dryer for me before you go to bed cuz I am really tired and have nothing to wear tomorrow"..... So I either stay up til the washer is done, then head down and switch the load (because there is always another load to put in, isn't there?) and sigh at the clean clothes that have been heaped into baskets (sometimes only semi-dry, because it was imperative to get that new load started...) and begin the process of folding things. Or, Eric is gracious enough to switch the load to the dryer when he gets up at 4 am so things are dry by the time the symbiants are awake and moving, but still leaving me the baskets of clean clothes to deal with after I get downstairs. /sigh, it's a never ending battle against the forces of evil!

Needless to say, I am doing laundry today, because I need clean shorts and stuff to pack for the weekend, Eric needs clean uniform stuff for work, and I get tired of looking at dirty clothes! My goal is to have the house as clean as possible before we all take off on Thursday/Friday, so all Eric has to worry about is the dogs and watering the tree. Dishes are also on my list of chores for the day because the dishwasher needs to run at least once each day, and I would really like to get a start on the vaccuuming. Dogs (and cats) are shedding in this heat, and the floors reflect this.

The poor dogs are not happy that their leash has gotten shortened in the back yard. The old leash was 30 ft but they could wrap it around the new tree's trunk, and we were not happy about that. We tried to find a 25 ft leash but there wasn't a one at Pet Co, so we settled for a 20 ft lead instead. This way they can get their noses up to it, but cannot pee on it or go around it. Rei and Aurora have been taking Midnight and Leina for walks daily lately, but Po is just too strong for them to control. He has continued to be really naughty and sneaks out as much as he can. This morning Patrick was late for school because Po got out as he was leaving, so he had to give chase; this time Po went into the woods behind the trail and that was not good at all! I am not sure what he needs for exercise/challenge. He is still so puppy-like in many ways, and he needs room to romp and burn off some energy! I wish he were better behaved because then we could do more with him.

I am still fussing with my cold. The cough just won't let go, although if I am honest, it has only been since Saturday night, so not terribly long. I do fine as long as I use the cold medicines, but if I don't take them I get all congested and miserable again. Hopefully I will be on the upswing by the time we head for MN on Thursday afternoon.

That's all I have for today, I think. It's time to get back to the grind....

No comments: