Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Sunday!

And I am referring to the weather rather than the date, although the date fits too--work has been crazy busy!  My neck, arms, and shoulders are feeling it from all the bolts of fleece I have unrolled and cut (and carried and put away)...  I feel about 90 today! 

We had a very low key Thanksgiving day--the kids went to see a movie, and I worked on school stuff, while Eric worked.  Friday I got up at the crack of dawn to hit the black Friday sale at JoAnn's to get Liisa her present (she made a point of reminding me I needed to get it) and when I pulled into the parking lot at work it was FULL!!!!  I got in to the store at 6:05 and there were already long lines at the checkout, and the item I wanted to buy was gone from where we had it displayed...  I asked and fortunately there were still a couple more by the checkout lines, so I got one of the last 2!!!!!  Thank God--I think Liisa would have been crushed had I not gotten one.  I then carried it to the car only to have another woman approach me as she was power-walking in, asking me if I had bought "her" item...  Poor lady, doomed for disappointment.  I called Liisa and woke her so she could share in the excitement (she wanted and got a Cricut Personal Cutter--it does diecutting for scrapbooking).  She was thrilled!  Then I met Eric for breakfast over at Bob Evan's (like a Howard Johnson's) at 6:45, and that was very nice--him still in uniform after work, and me dressed in my "uniform" too for work...  I headed back to work at 8 and sat in the back for a half hour reading my book, then hit the cutting table for 8:30--and worked my arms off til 1:30...

In the meantime, Eric went home, put the turkey in the oven, and went to bed. I did the rest of the meal when I got home just after 2, and we ate our dinner at 4:30.  It was wonderful!  After dinner, I came upstairs to study, but fell asleep on the bed about 7:30, and slept through til just after 10, when I put my nightgown on, climbed under the covers, and went to sleep for real...  Slept over 12 hours and felt great yesterday!  Between being sick, school stress, and working, I have been exhausted, and it felt wonderful to just sleep!

Yesterday was another work day for me, as is today, and my arms are feeling it.  Right across my shoulderblades and neck too.  Eric has been enjoying his days off--not getting too much done, but enjoying them none-the-less.  The kids too have been spending some quality time together, which has been really nice and we have been glad to see.  They have gone bowling, taken in a couple of movies, done some shopping, and played a lot on the x-box. 

Anyhow, that has been our holiday weekend.  Hope everyone else has had a safe and happy one as well!

1 comment:

PatientGuard said...

I advise the Immunityweiler dog tribe tactic when it comes to swine flu ... They do not like viral pigs flewing about ...

I have a picture of an Immunityweiler to prove my wisdom and so that you will laugh . I was probably sent by God to cheek you and make you laugh actually ...Its a mysterious moment and an impulse grabbed me - something like that

see :

See my article with Immunityweiler drawing here on Now Public.com

Have a good day ... Pass the good on ...And eat cake ...

Blessings ..