Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm procrastinating.

And what a shock that must be! (heehee). I have "wasted" about an hour or so on the Ravelry website looking at patterns for sweaters and shawls and socks etc. I am in need of a new project, but am not sure what I want to make. In all honesty, I really don't need to start something new until I finish a few things I have in progress, and if I do start anything it needs to be some garment sewing that has been calling out to me. I want to get the house in order before we leave for MN tomorrow, and I am expecting that everyone will pitch in and help. I hate coming home to a messy house after being gone for a bit, so that is my rationale for getting the house done early. Plus, Eric has the rest of today and tomorrow off...

It will just be me, Rei, Aurora, and Patrick headed up to MN. Brianne was invited to go but has decided not to come with us. She is hoping to perhaps pick up some hours at work, and she has a new guy in the picture too, so I am sure she is planning to spend some time with him. I would love to have her come with us, but I understand why she isn't coming. Kristi has a really nice dinner planned for us for Friday night, and sounds like she is looking forward to our arrival. It will be my sister and what family of hers will be able to come up, my brother Neal and his family, me and the kids, Liisa and Jesse, and maybe Tony and his family. I am really excited to see everyone! My mom decided she will stay home, as she is taking care of my brother's dog, and Andrea has to work on both Friday and Sunday, so she will need to be home the better part of the weekend (I am hoping they can at least come up for Saturday).

I had a fun conversation with Liisa last night. Tony and the kids rode bikes over to her house (Justin got a new Tony Hawk bike for his birthday, complete with pegs, hand brakes, and safety gear); Jesse took Justin off in the bike cart, and Alexis ran to Liisa and said "Hold me, Hold me!". When Liisa picked her up, she pointed after the bikes and said "Run!" lol..... Liisa told her there was no way she was going to run after the bikes, that they could wait 'til the boys got back. Miss Alexis is awfully cute sometimes! It made me giggle! Justin is very excited to show me his new bike and he was thrilled to hear that I will be there on Friday. Can't wait to see the little ones!

Eric is on the phone, and is on his way home from work so I guess I will fly. I am proud to recognize that my blog is almost a year old now! Very hard to believe that I have done this for a year, and what a year it has been!

No comments: