Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday addendum

Sunday afternoon, and what a productive day it has been so far, despite the cold and rain.  I got the kitchen counters cleaned up and did up all the dishes, and I also decided to take out the corner squares on my quilt medallion and reinsert larger ones.  Despite having cut the squares to the size on the pattern, they just ended up being too small.  So an hour later with the seam ripper, and another 45 mins to an hour later to set them and sew them it, and it was ready to be trimmed up and the first border added on (a solid border).  The next border will be pieced, and I haven't started cutting it out yet, but perhaps later today I will...  Eric is up now, so I want to spend some time with him too.

The birds have rediscovered my feeders in the front (I didn't fill them faithfully over the winter) and it's fun to see them in the tree and around it.  Our maple is doing wonderfully, and is all a-bud.  I cannot wait to see if it looks fuller and healthier now that it has been in the ground for almost a year.  Last year even after planting it the leaves were sorta tiny and stunted.  We also need to repair my big bird feeder--after the gale winds of late last summer it got blown into the yard and one of the side walls cracked.  Eric thinks we can just glue and nail it and it will be good as new again.  It's on his to-do list...

It's amazing how relaxed I feel these last few days!  I had taken the week off so that I could finish my paper uninterrupted, and then when I checked on the schedule for this week I only work on Friday and Saturday.  I got called and asked to take a beginning knitting class on Tuesday morning as well (the scheduled teacher won't teach just one student--whereas I prefer to have a smaller class!) so I will get a few hours that way too.  Eric let me order the new scroll rods set up for my system 4 needlework stand (my wonderful Mother in law probably remembers a couple years ago when he made me a frame for it--the scroll frame was great, but HEAVY for it and it kept bowing at the clamp). It should arrive in the next few weeks and I am so excited for it!  I love that stand and how adaptible it can be (with the right parts on it).  Anyhow, just wanted to take a minute to say life is good, and I am so content!

No comments: