Sunday, August 9, 2009

Exciting News!

It's now official so I can publically share it: Liisa and Jesse have set a wedding date! It is going to be on Wednesday, August 18, 2010, in Myrtle Beach, SC! They decided to have a destination wedding at one of their favorite vacation spots, and the place they got engaged at! The plan is in the works to rent one really big beach house for the immediate family and wedding party to stay at, and to provide info on other availabilities if anyone else wants to come (options include renting a second house for others to split the cost of, or providing info on nearby hotels, etc.). It should be a lot of fun! They chose a Wednesday to get married on so that it would work with the house rental (a one week at a time rental), and then they will have the reception up at their land in Princeton approximately a week and a half after the wedding, on August 28th, with dinner, dancing, and karaoke under the open skies (we will have tents up too, lol). Everyone is welcome to attend that one, whether they came to Myrtle Beach or not. I am so happy and excited about all of this! The kids are in the process of setting up a website where the wedding plans can be followed at: http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/JesseChristensen&LiisaSoulakand while not much is posted yet, watch that site for details!

I had such a peaceful afternoon yesterday. I talked on the phone repeatedly with Liisa, I made a Lemon cake with Lemon frosting (and ate a big piece too!). I got another repeat done on my knitted lace scarf I am attempting, and I watched some tv shows I enjoy, all while Eric slaved at the church to get the yard mowed. When he got home we made some "homemade pizza rounds" for dinner and played a little EQ before heading to bed. Rei elected to stay at Cliff's another night, which was fine by us, so we had a really nice, child free weekend! Our first since moving down here! Now today Eric is already on the road headed for his Ex's place to get Patrick and Aurora, and I am gonna continue to gather research for his project; then I need to get ready and head off to work.

I was reading online about some other things and I *think* I may have plantar fascitis in my feet... It really fits the experiences I am having, especially the waking up discomfort, and the pain I have after I get off work and sit down for a bit. I am gonna look into getting some good arch supports, especially for work, and they said sometimes taking NSAIDS may help; I suspect they do, because when I am on my week to ten days of presecription naproxen (for monthly female issues) it seems so much better! I will keep track of it and perhaps ask my doctor about it in October when I go back for my bi-yearly med checks. Of course it really stung to read that being overweight can be a cause, and Lord knows I'd like to lose some weight... I think I may have to become more serious on this exercise business because I don't eat so terribly badly (not counting the cake from yesterday, lol). Ok, time to get going on that research....

BLONDE MOMENT ALERT! I apparently posted the news yesterday after my first conversation with Liisa, just not the details... Oh well, today it is official! Yesterday we were still hashing out plans, lol!

No comments: