Saturday, August 8, 2009

A lazy Saturday morning...


I had to share this picture because I absolutely adore it. Liis took it on the sidewalk in front of "her" house. Justin invited Alexis to ride with him, and Liisa entitled the photo "givin' my sister a ride." When I told him how nice it was he was taking her for a ride on his bike, he corrected me: "It's not a bike Gram, it's a motorcycle!" I stand corrected! Justin is 4, and Alexis is 2; they had birthdays in June. This pic was taken about a week ago now.
What a nice couple of days it has turned out to be. Heat index-wise it has been miserable, because it's been hot, humid, and muggy, but we have enjoyed some activities, Eric and I, some with the kids, and some on our own. Friday after Eric got home from school we ran to the high school to go watch Aurora perform with the marching band. The culmination of Band camp was performance of their half-time show for parents and others. The kids did a very nice job, albeit a bit rusty (it was their first full performance with the incoming freshman), and we enjoyed watching them. Then Eric and I grabbed Aurora and headed home, where she showered and got ready to go with her Mom. Patrick too had to be rousted home (he and Rei were with friends playing video games), and he grudgingly came home as ordered by us (heehee). Their mom showed up around 4 pm and off they went to IN for the weekend. Cliff stopped by in time to say goodbye to them, and he grabbed Rei for the night, so Eric and I found ourselves footloose and child free for the evening!

We elected to do a couple of things here that needed to be finished up on, then off we went for a lovely dinner for two at the Longhorn Steak house. I had steak and lobster (a luxury!) and he had a 24 oz porterhouse... We indulged for our anniversary dinner, complete with drinks (although we elected to forego dessert). The appetizer we had was wonderful--they called it Western Fried Shrimp, and I honestly had to go slowly with it cuz I could have easily ate it for a meal! It was amazing! We spent a wonderful 2 hours enjoying our meal and each other, then came home and crashed! (We had been up til 4:30 am working on a project he had due for school--I helped with the research on it--and we were exhausted!)

This morning we slept in, enjoyed a coffee in bed, and now I am blogging while Eric makes us breakfast. We will actually start our day around noon I think, as Eric needs to get over to the church and mow the lawn there. I am a little disappointed that I won't be able to ride with him to IN to pick up the kids Sunday. I called to get my work schedule and I am on it for 3 shifts next week (yay!) BUT have to work Sunday (Boooo!) from 4-8 pm. I love road trips when I am NOT the driver (or only partial driver), so I am bummed a bit. Not sure yet if Rei will ride with Eric or stay home with me. We'll have to ask him when he gets home.

I am really excited: I added a very pretty bird bath to my front yard (currently; when we start using the back yard more I will probably move it back there). The birds haven't discovered it as yet, but we put it close enough to the tree and the feeders that I am sure they will find it soon. Eric and I are going to get an estimate from a cement company about their molded, colored cement patios for the back yard, and we are debating whether it would be better to just buy a new table for the back or get plexiglass/acrylic cut to size to replace the broken glass top from a number of summers ago. Our chairs are in decent shape, but the table is useless as it stands right now. Things are coming together! That was one of the things we did more of last night and this morning; reviewed our first year together, and planned for what our goals with be for this next year or two (long and short range goals). Aren't we industrious~ lol....

Liisa and Jesse have picked a wedding date, and they are planning a destination wedding, in Myrtle Beach, SC, where they got engaged. I am very excited for them, and I look forward to helping them make everything come together. The wedding will be there, then they will be having a reception on their land in Princeton when they get back. It'll mean a lot of travelling for me, and some mad budgeting, but I have a year to start putting things aside. It is so nice to hear her excited about all of this, and they are making their plans! The wedding itself will be small and intimate, immediate family, but the reception will be open to all. I am so happy.

Brianne has sent us her address now; if anyone wants/needs it, drop me an email and I will send it. She is homesick, but I think this time is good for her to focus on herself. Today is Patrick's 18th birthday and we are planning a party for him with all of his friends when he gets back from IN. He is excited about it. And school starts on the 20th, oh joy... Where has the summer gone??? I don't think I am gonna be able to sneak in another trip to MN before school starts, but Eric and I still would like to get to MN early fall and hit the Renaissance festival this year. We'll see! I can hope! My breakfast is here, so I am gonna run. Have a great weekend!

No comments: