Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy One Year Anniversary to Eric and I!

Today is our one year anniversary, and what a year it has been! I am so very grateful for this wonderful man, and for our relationship. It has been an incredible year, and I look forward to many more!

I am also grateful for what a wonderful week it has been, having Liisa here, having Jesse show up for the weekend, and for the fun I have had with the kids (all of 'em). We have been to the pool, we have relaxed and visited, we have gone out a little bit; I love having family around! Last night we went to the Grand Parade for Mascoutah's homecoming and it was a hoot! It was a good hour and a half long, we were able to make Aurora laugh as she marched past us, and we took lots of pictures (which I have not yet loaded up onto my computer). Then, we watched a really fun band play at the "Depot", the "Well Hungarians", and they were really good! We danced, we laughed, and we generally made spectacles of ourselves (along with everyone else there). I had been really worried: it started raining at noon and rained til 4 (the parade started at 5), but the skies cleared, and other than the mud, it was a perfect night for a major town party. We will be going back again tonight, this time with Eric, as he is officially on vacation as of 6 a.m. and he wants to see Aurora march. Pictures will be forth-coming, I promise. We met up with some friends of ours, and their kids, so it was a really enjoyable night.

I got up at 8 a.m. and am just waiting for the kids to get up. I bought some texas toasting bread and am gonna make up a slew of french toast for breakfast. Jesse wanted to be on the road by 10 (don't think they are gonna make it--it's past 9:30 now), while Liisa said 1, so I have time. I really enjoy having the house to myself while everyone sleeps--it's peaceful! Wow, Eric is up--he's only slept 2 hours... My guess is he'll be eating and heading back to bed. It's gonna be sad to see the kids go, but if I am honest, it'll also be nice to get our dogs back on a regular schedule.

A couple of "housekeeping" notes:
--Jill, I am remembering your Mom today. I know it's been two years now that she has been gone, and while in some regards it gets easier, in others it never does. Big hugs are sent your way!
--Tesa and Hunter, Happy Anniversary to the two of you as well, and Happy Birthday Hunter!
--Congratulations to my sister Kristi, who celebrated 10 years as a Salon owner/operator this past week! Thank you for keeping my family and I looking beautiful!

No comments: