Monday, January 11, 2010

Feeling inspired!

I am feeling inspired today!  Some of it is the weather--something about temps being back in the 30 degree range feels wonderful, along with the sunshine; some of it is having gone shopping at Target instead of WalMart (I LOVE Target!) and stocking up on cleaning supplies (we were all out of a few things); some of it is starting the first day of my new term--even if it is online, I still feel enthused on the first day!  And some of it is making a commitment to myself to stop being so hard on myself for perceived failures or oversights.  I am my own worst critic 99% of the time, and I need to lighten up a little.

I am so glad to be done with the holidays.  From here on out my moods should start lifting as I move away from anniversaries of hurtful memories, and look forward to the future.  I have been working on my cross stitch opus (Misty Morning Vineyard) the past few days and am thrilled with the progress I am seeing.  I also have successfully taken patterns off of my computer and moved them onto the sewing machine to make a gift kitchen towel for a friend as a hostess gift.  I have some ideas of things I want to try now, and I (of course) still have garments to start laying out, but as I plan out my days I am building in time to do the things I want and need to do.  I am feeling really positive and upbeat today! I'm not even letting a scratchy throat and cough get me down!

The kids start finals for the semester this week, and according to an email I got from one of Rei's teachers, the testing will take place on schedule, despite the two snow days they had.  I am so hoping Reimond does well.  I really need for him to pass all his classes.  Brie is having kinda a rough day today with some morning sickness; she doesn't have a lot of it (not daily) but when it hits, she feels miserable.  She is still job hunting, and I am hoping she'll get over to SWIC in the next day or so to get registered for school.  I would really hate to see her blow off another semester. 

The rest of the family is doing ok.  Tony came in second at his ultimate soldier competition (district level) so he is done for this year, unless the first place winner can't go on for whatever reason. Then he'd move on.  Justin and Alexis are both sick and Andrea is taking the little man in as he was running a high fever last night and complaining his ear hurts.  Mom is working some extra hours in the baby nursery at church because one of her co-workers lost her husband last week to a massive coronary, and she is content with that.  She loves "her" babies, and the kids and their parents call her "Grandma Sylvia". 

So, now that I have updated on here, I guess it's time I get going on the things slated for the rest of my day!

No comments: