Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday again, or should I say TGIF?

I am a bit weary right now--got up a little after 6 am after not going to bed before midnight (I got a new Stephen King book of short stories from the library and it's engrossing!), and I didn't go back to bed after taking the kids to school. Liisa wanted to make a fairly early start today as there is supposed to be lightly drifting snow to the north of us (all along her route back, of course), while we are to be grey and overcast, with minimal precipitation down here. Cliff, bless his heart, spent over an hour yesterday afternoon totally digging out her car (the side where she got plowed in, and the front) so that she could take off at will today, and I am so grateful to him. He is such a good kid! His parents are nuts to disown him--I am proud to claim him as one of "ours."

Anyhow, Liisa loaded up her car with most of the things she brought down last night, and this morning she grudgingly got up after I got back from dropping off the school kids. We ran to McDonald's for breakfast, as she wanted to go out before she left, and it was "free latte Friday" there (I was out of milk here at the house--amazing how 2 snow days with kids home, on top of the weekend prior depletes one of groceries quickly!)... She had to still scrape off the windshield and the roof before leaving, but was able to get to the interstate without difficulty. She is on her way back to MN and I miss her already! Her goal for being here was to lounge around, read novels, and "let Mom feed" her for 5 days ( OK, 3 plus 2 travel days), and I would say she was very successful at it! It was so nice to have her here and I hope her trip home is less eventful than the one here was.

We sent the remaining Christmas gifts back with her that Brie and Cliff had gotten but never mailed out, so she gets to play Santa in February to the cousins and Kristi and Rollie. Procrastination is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Although I am of the opinion that gifts are always fun, regardless of the time frame in which they are delivered.

Eric called last night and talked to all of the kids, only to have his cell phone battery die when it was my turn to talk (heehee). He said that yesterday was less difficult physically, and they had a study group meet last night to review materials on a test he was taking, I think today. He is missing my home cooking. Breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday are at the hospital cafeteria down there, and dinner is at the Golden Corral buffet. Then, on the weekends, it is strictly the Golden Corral, for Brunch in the morning and then again for dinner. I am guessing he will be glad to eat my cooking again, even if my menus aren't terribly exciting either.

I think that's all I wanted to write about for today... I am gonna get going on more hand quilting today and I have chores that need doing as well--laundry is backing up and dishes need doing (although Liisa, bless her heart too, did a huge load of them the other night and Brianne made the crack that Liisa was making her look bad by doing so... heeheehee... Think Brie will get the hint that pitching in is greatly appreciated?)

No comments: