Monday, January 26, 2009

Just a quick note or two

I just want to post a quick couple of notes, as I have a lot to get done today. Liisa is enroute here even as I type, although she is coming alone. Andrea had a few reservations about the babies being gone for 5 days without her, something I can certainly understand and relate to, so we have tabled their trip to "another time". I'm just fine with it, albeit a little disappointed. Having their energy and laughter would be good for me, but having Liisa here will be a blessing too (and much less work!).

Eric got off safely to Little Rock yesterday, 2 hours later than planned. To quote him, "time was moving faster than he was..." He arrived at his hotel around 9 pm, and got settled in. He was concerned he had no internet, but discovered he does, much to our mutual relief (we plan to play Everquest together in the evenings to help pass time and "be together"). We quickly settled into our old pattern of telephone communication for a bit before bed, a well established routine from when we were courting, and while it wasn't the same as it used to be, at least it was better than being alone before bed.

I had a house full of kids last night as our brood was all home, and they had 2 extras here as well; dinner was noisy and chaotic, but it was fun to see everyone interacting. Today I need to crack the whip and be sure they help finish picking up stuff. I have my quilt top all sewn together now, and I fused most of the pieces into place for the central motif. I have to buttonhole applique them down in place so the fusing doesn't lift off with use), then I will add the last 8 bowling pins into their respective places and stitch them down (also by hand). Lastly I will layer it and do the quilting. I am going to start out hand quilting it, but if I run out of time, I may machine quilt around the borders... We'll see. I was bummed to find out that the shop in Edwardsville doesn't carry varigated hand quilting thread either (the owner suggested that perhaps it's a regional thing, that quilters down here don't use it as much as quilters back home). That may well be, but it's depressing none-the-less. I am gonna grab some thread I saw at Hancock fabric today (one of my outings) that I know will work, and may just see if what I have on hand can be used as well. I will post pictures soon of what I have done so far--just need to find the camera!

Hope everyone is staying warm: we are under a winter weather advisory down here and *may* get 3-6 inches of snow beginning after midnight tonight... I really doubt it will be that much (we got an inch yesterday and it's mostly gone already--didn't stick in many places, just blew around). We'll see! Hmmm! Just got a call from the church and our Women's group meeting for tonight was "postponed" due to the pending weather. LoL, that would NOT be a concern up in Minneapolis, where this coming weather is the norm... Some of these differences make me laugh. Oh well, I was planning to go until Liisa said she was coming, then decided to stay home instead, so now I will be able to attend when it is rescheduled.

I'm 0ff to run my errands now~

No comments: