Thursday, January 29, 2009

a fun girl's day out~

Today the gods smiled on us, the weather cooperated, and there was school, so Liisa and I had a girl's day out. We went down on main street and browsed a couple of shops there that had been closed last time she was here (we bought some wine and some bee balm at Bee's Hallow), then it was off to pick up Rei at school and run him home--we are guessing the new dose of meds he's on for his ADHD is upsetting his stomache and making him puke, thus his needing to come home. We next went to Chevy's for lunch (Tex-Mex) and margaritas, then over to The Bead Place, where Liisa found nirvana. She bought lots of fun things in bright colors and will be happily crafting once she gets back to MN. Then we stepped next door to the little Asian nail salon, where I had a pedicure and brow waxing, and Liisa got her fingernails done. It was so nice to be pampered and made lovely again! We got home about 40 minutes ago sated and satisfied!

(This is Liisa "watching" TV in my bed after our day out--the laundry basket of clothes is her version of packing for a 5 day trip--heehee).
I am making an old fashioned pot roast dinner tonight, and we will focus on homework, relaxing, and hanging out for our last night together. We also need to take a few minutes to dig Liisa's car out--it's buried under the 9 inches of snow we received (along with what got pushed up on it from the plow going by).
I tried really hard to convince Liisa she needs to stay a few more days just to let it melt, but work does take priority to hanging out I guess. It's been a wonderful few days to have her around though, and I am going to miss her when she leaves.

I got the center block all quilted on the wall hanging, and it is shaping up quite nicely. I had hoped to illustrate this entry with my pictures, but my camera has gone on "walk-about" and I have not found it yet. I assigned Aurora the task of taking some of the photos I want and I will try to post more of them later on.

Eric is doing fine in Arkansas, although he is a bit bruised and rug-burned in spots (like his elbow) and he says his back has some knots in it from the take-downs he's done. I think he misses me (at least the TLC I give him). I know I miss him, although over all we are doing fine. I talked to Justin at length yesterday and he made me smile. He told me he needs "a tiny lil puppy, with little eyes, little ears, a little nose, and little legs." He told me he would name her "pretty black puppy" and he would walk her on a leash over to Aunt Iisa's house to play with Max (Liisa's dog). He has it all planned out, and I'm sold... He just needs to convince Mommy and Daddy... It was definitely for the best that the babies didn't come down this trip given how everything turned out with the weather, but I hope they come see me at some point in the near future. I need a baby fix of my own!!!!

No comments: