Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy one year anniversary to me!

This is my one year anniversary of being a blogger, and I have really enjoyed it. I have spent some time looking back on the posts I have written, and overall I am quite proud of myself. I accomplished what I set out to do: record the changes we are experiencing as we come together as a family, share the highs and lows of making a drastic life change, and keep in touch with those I care about most--my family and friends! It has been quite a journey, and I know that it's no where even close to being finished, but it has been a very full and rewarding year. Thank you to all of you who have followed my ups and downs so faithfully, and who have commented to me either here or by email about what you have read. Your support and encouragement has sustained me, and I love getting responses to what I write here. Although I ultimately have done this for me, it is nice to know that I am not talking strictly to myself. As I told Eric, sometimes my best "thinking" is done in writing. The process of putting it down logically and coherently makes me organize my thoughts and allows me to draw conclusions and figure things out. The input I get from others is just "frosting"! I do appreciate you all for participating in this new endevor with me.

Nothing too profound to write tonight as I am racing my laptop battery--which one of us will finish first... We discovered Brianne's charger works on my laptop, so that will facilitate my not losing all my bookmarks etc. so I can check them at least once a day and recharge if (when) she's not using it. I will be sending out both the old cord and battery tomorrow when we run a few other errands, and I hope I will have the replacements by the end of the week. In the meantime, I have been actively playing on my PSP (playstation portable), a final fantasy game that is fantastic and frustrating in equal measure while Eric enjoys the benefits of Everquest on the computer (his desktop).

Reimond was throwing up tonight around dinner time and went to bed by 8 pm or so. Not sure what that is all about, but when I just checked on him he said his tummy is still feeling sick. Poor kid doesn't look good either. I hope he is ok for school in the morning. I am gonna try to encourage him to go regardless, as it is only for 2.5 hours, then he can go back to bed. Last day of summer school is Thursday.

Reimond found a baby bird that survived a fall when his(?) nest got blown out of a tree. He brought it home in the hopes of trying to raise it (with the full support of Brie and Aurora) but after they ran to the pet shop to get special milk for it, my brother Erik recommended putting it back near where it was found for the parents to find and take care of. The kids did so, much to my relief (I really had visions of Pekeiko making a snack out of it). I applaud his gentle heart, but knew this was for the best--unfortunately he had to hear it from my brother the animal expert and not take my word for it first...

Brianne has received orders for AIT that specify she is "leaving" (needing to be at the hotel) on the 28th rather than the 29th as she had planned. She has drill next weekend, so either way she will know for sure after that, but it is the last week of July. It's going to be odd having her gone, but I have lots of stamps to send her cards and notes.

We have had a ton of rain today, which negatively affected the All-Star festivities over in St Louis. I was teasing Eric that he missed out because there were players and celebs at one of the VA hospitals he works at signing autographs and stuff for the vets as a thank-you for their service. He said no biggie--it was probably nuts anyhow. He returns to nights on Monday night, so we will be back to him being up all night and sleeping what he can during the day. Oh joy! He isn't looking forward to the heat of the day (despite the air conditioner being on) keeping our room temp up, esp. with the kids being off school. We will do our best to accommodate him though cuz he comes first!

Another anniversary that just occurred to me is that I am coming up on one year that I have been (to all intents and purposes) unemployed. That sure has been an adjustment for me to make. I still check the ads and website weekly to see if there are things I am qualified for out out there, but so far, picking remain really slim. I am blessed to have had this time to solidify my relationships with all the kids, but if I am honest, I am ready to stretch my brain a bit more. Hopefully in this coming year something will come along for me! I have faith!

I guess I should probably get this posted as the battery is getting lower by the minute. Thanks for reading! Have a great week!

P.S. This is entry number 150~ I had 53 postings in 2008 and this is my 97th posting in 2009... How cool is that!!!

No comments: