Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So today really is Wednesday...

I am not sure why, but I have been totally confused in my days of the week this week, and I was operating under the assumption that Monday was Wednesday all evening long. Then yesterday, while I knew in my head it was Tuesday, somehow it felt more like a Saturday to me. Wow! Today though, I am sure it is Wednesday, because Eric left for school on schedule, and he works tonight, and I work tomorrow morning (as does Brie, actually).

I am very pleased with myself because I got the first set of major projects done off my list: I totally cleaned out the front room and shampooed the carpet in there; then I totally cleaned and organized the entry way and coat closet. What a great feeling it was to have that done! I have been planning to to it for almost a year, and to have it done makes me feel great! Now lets hope the rest of the family cooperates and stops using that area for a drop and go zone! I really need to figure out a better place to keep the bowling stuff--I realize it cannot go into the garage because of the temperature changes, and I also realize lugging everything up and down the stairs is a pain, but I get so tired of all the bags collecting dust and dog hair in the entryway. Oh well, everything else is cleaned and put where it belongs, so I guess the bowling stuff won't be too bad there.

We are kinda at a loss as to what we are going to do for this weekend for Brianne. Her mother is adamant that the kids cannot be picked up any earlier than Sunday at 1 p.m. and there is no way that Brianne can go with on that drive to get them. She needs to get checked in to the hotel in St. Louis on a very set time table, and while she will be able to leave for a bit to go out to eat etc. (which is when we would have her bbq here), she cannot stay out terribly long or late. A 12 hour drive just won't work for her. And she doesn't want to do it on Saturday without the kids, because that is partially why she wants to have it, so everyone can be together. I don't know what to say. I do understand their mom's desire to have all of her time with them that she can get, and I don't begrudge her any of it, but we didn't know that Brie's time table would get moved up either so that it would affect her being able to see her siblings before she leaves. Brie is heartbroken right now and I feel so bad for her. On some level it isn't fair, and she is hurt by it. (Having that party, along with Liisa, and then Jesse's arrival is all impetus behind my cleaning spree...)

The weather here continues to be Minnesota-like; we have had highs in only the low 70's and while it has been overcast the past 2 days, rain has been relatively non-existant. The irony has been that it's started to sprinkle each time I have set foot outside (to take out trash, to sit on the swing and cool off), but the minute I go inside it stops... Go figure! Currently it's 68 and very comfortable, almost chilly! I actually needed a blanket along with the sheet last night but it was wonderful sleeping weather. I do hope we get a good soaking rain at some point because the ground could use it (although my shampooed carpets could stand the dogs NOT being muddy-footed). I guess I am on the fence with that one. Looks like things should be back in the upper 80's by the weekend though. I actually hope next week is sunny and nice so that Liisa, the kids, and I can spend some time at the pool and doing things out-of-doors!

I hope everyone is having a good week so far; mine is going productively and for that I am thankful!

No comments: