Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Just checking in.

I really don't have much to blog about today, but I work tomorrow and Thursday, a whole 5.5 hours each day, so I thought I would pop in today and say "Hi". I am focusing on catching up on laundry because Aurora and Patrick need to pack, and Eric needs clean uniform t-shirts. I have been looking around the main floor and I really need to do something about cleaning the carpets again and the furniture (sectional). This poor couch has seen better days and we really need a new one, but until we are in a position to get one, cleaning it will need to be my priority. Fortunately I have both the little green steam machine and a full sized Bissell steamer. I have that on my agenda for next week, when Eric is off most days and the kids are gone (Rei will be home but he is easy to relocate out of the living room for a day or so).

One of the things I have been taking stock of is how much stuff I still have in boxes that I have not touched in a year's time. It isn't because I don't use it or want it, it's because I have limited access to it! I don't know which boxes some things are in and given how they are stacked cannot always get into them on my own. Or, I get into them enough to get what I need out, but then close it up and put it back without removing the rest. I really need to start reviewing what I have and getting it put away. This is true for the garage, the dining room area ("Sewing Room"), and our bedroom. That may be a focus of Eric's "Vacation" after our anniversary. Poor guy, he doesn't know what I am planning for him yet! I will try to make it fun though!

Too many people around now to be able to concentrate, so I guess I will just post and move on with my day. Maybe more later today!

No comments: