Sunday, July 26, 2009

Your horoscope for Sunday July 26th

"You may feel a lack of ambition today, even if you have specific
chores that should be done. You aren't feeling the need to jump in and attend to
your duties before heading out to play. Be careful about avoiding your
commitments now, for you probably won't be able to have much fun if you take the
irresponsible way out." (AOL Horoscopes)

Wow is this spot on today! After working yesterday morning, running errands after work, then coming home to finish steam cleaning the main floor, I am exhausted! I have absolutely no desire to do anything at the moment! Brie had friends over late last night and they were all sleeping in the living room when Eric got up to start his drive to IN, and when I went down a bit ago to get coffee, Reimond was still sleeping on the living room floor. Liisa called to say she and the pupkins were on the road as well, so the ETA for everyone is here around 6ish. When I went downstairs, I asked Brie if she had called her Sgt. yet because we need to know what time she has to be at the hotel for, and she hadn't checked yet. I also asked if she was done in the laundry room, as she had said she was going to finish up that last night; the answer was negative to that too. /sigh! I need to finish up the laundry room stuff, I need to still make up Liisa's bed, and I need to touch up the kitchen floor (after Eric shampooed the sectional on it now it needs some work); And I want to get my own bathroom cleaned and my floor at least vaccuumed. But my mojo has done got up and left...

From what I have garnered second and third hand, the kids had an ok time in IN. Nothing too exciting happened, and there wasn't a lot of activities that they did. They went bowling, and visited with family. Patrick played a lot of Pokemon on the gameboy, and Aurora read, cross stitched, and watched tv. Sounds like what they do here at home to me! And they got out of helping with all the cleaning to boot! I wouldn't mind a vacation like that personally! A part of me is sad I am not riding along with Eric, as it's a fair distance to drive by yourself, but he's a big boy and we have chatted on the phone to help pass the time. He is really into listening to talk radio, which I find incredibly boring, but oh well, to each their own. That's why I am so glad I have my zune--makes the time go by quickly and I can listen to what I like.

I guess since it's ten-thirty I should just get going on my day. Once these chores are done I will be free to play, and that sounds extremely appealing to me! I have been reading though some lace patterns and would like to start some gifts for Christmas, and I would also like to finish up my one cross stitch project. My goal while Liisa is here is to just enjoy her company for the week, and finish up some handwork so I can start some new things next month!

Speaking of projects, that teaching class I took on for yesterday and next week? Well, it was supposed to be a level 200 class, to help one guest make a simple dress. She decided, since it was just her anyway, to use a different pattern from the one that was "approved"--a Vogue pattern that is close to being "couture"--a very tailored, fitted dress, that she wants to alter as we go. I got a little nervous looking at it and the directions; I have sewn Vogue patterns before, and I love their lines and their challenges, however, it is not a step up from beginner pattern, and it is one I would have preferred to have time to study and read through oh a dozen times or so, so that I would feel comfortable helping someone else to make it. While she was cutting it out, I did read the directions a number of times, and then, because we used up most of our 3 hours for class time just getting it ready to be sewn (cut out, markings in place), I walked her through the directions verbally so she would do as much as she can on her own at home. We will focus on the fitting portions and the finishing next Saturday during her second three hour session (this is NOT a 6 hour pattern!). I didn't panic, and I didn't freak out, but a part of me wanted to. This is a bit outside of my comfort level for a first adult class! Still, I taught her a few things she didn't know before, and I think the pattern is lovely and will be attractive on her when complete. But keep your fingers crossed for me--the hard part is still to come!

That has been my weekend to date. Now back to the trenches for more touch-ups! (edited to add, I just don't understand the formatting here--I wanted to block quote the first paragraph, but the rest won't go back to normal! I get so frustrated sometimes with this!)

No comments: