Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just a quick update

because I have to be sure Eric is up in about 15 minutes, and then I need to get dinner started. We are having a wonderful visit with Liisa. The dog-babies are all getting along fairly well with each other, and we are making a point of being sure they each get individual attention as well as respite from each other. There have been a few "minor" accidents on the carpet, but nothing too horrid to deal with, and they truly seem to be accidents. Taking it all in stride! We have been to the pool twice so far, once last night after dinner, and once this afternoon after lunch. Eric even went with Liisa and I to the pool as he woke up around 11:30 (as per usual, booo) and we thought perhaps cooling off at the pool for an hour might help him sleep better when we got home. He went back to bed at 2 and seems to be sleeping pretty soundly.

Brianne got safely off to the hotel for her orientation and paperwork stuff, and today was her "ship-date" to go to Fort Leonardwood. She has been keeping in touch by text message and facebook, and we will get her address out to family once we have it too. Aurora is now in "band camp" for marching band. They have 2 parades this weekend for Mascoutah's homecoming, so they have been diligently practicing. I actually got to watch them march on my way home from the library: I was stopped at a stop sign and the band marched in front of me. Brings back memories of all the years I marched in the band too. She comes home tired, but ok. She also started running again with the cross country team, and that too has been wearying for her--she is complaining she is out of shape! (Of course last night at the pool when I was still in the water and the kids were all getting out because they were cold, she implied that I could handle it because I was "well-insulated", whereas she was not.... heeheehee).

It looks like we are in for a heck of a storm tonight--it has gotten so black out there and windy. No thunder or rain as yet, but my guess is it is coming. I have "battened down the hatches", and decided not to refill the bird feeders til it passes; my new big feeder has some "beak holes" pecked in the acrylic sides from hungry birds, and I actually found one of the sides on the grass below the tree--someone exuberantly pulled it out of the feeder and the seed was all over the grass! My hummingbird feeder has become a huge hit with the bees--and they have drained it dry! Not sure how to keep the bees away from it while keeping the hummingbirds happy. I am open to ideas.

Eric is up now, so I am gonna go--just wanted to say I am happy to have my girl here, and that things are going well all around!

No comments: