Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday already?

Wow this week has just flown by! I have so enjoyed it! I had to post this picture I took yesterday morning of Liisa working with the dogs. She jokingly called herself the "dog whisperer" because every time she got out the box of training treats for her puppies, Leina and Po had to get into the act too. She said sit, and all 4 sat at the same time, looking expectantly at her for their reward. Even Midnight has gotten into the act and has sat on command a few times!
Yesterday Liisa and I stole away for the afternoon, leaving the dogs with the other kids, and we went to buy a lace circular knitting needle for me, to get our nails done (she gets acrylic tips so she doesn't bite her nails; in the time it took to do a full set I had a mani-and pedi-cure!), then we grabbed lunch at Steak and Shake (they don't have them in MN). Afterwards, we came home and I continued to fuss with a migraine headache (finally gave in and took my rx med), I started a lace project which I subsequently had to rip back out (4 hours down the drain, all for a stupid mistake!), then Eric grilled, we ate, and we watched tv with the kids and drank Margaritas. What a fun night!
This morning we all basically slept in (Eric isn't feeling well--sinus stuff on top of a slight hangover), then Eric and I made a huge breakfast/lunch for the family--waffles, bacon, eggs for those who wanted them, coffee, and juice. It was delicious! (Now to deal with the sticky, greasy cleanup....). Not sure yet what we have on tap for the rest of the day as it is mostly cloudy outside, and sorta humid. Tomorrow we will take the train to the airport in the morning to go get Jesse picked up, then we will enjoy some of the festivities at the park for Homecoming. I just cannot believe how fast the week has gone! I have loved having this time with the kids and just being together! Eric and I were commenting last night how wonderful it is that everyone gets along so well.
That's all for today! Not sure when I will post again, maybe this weekend though after Liisa and Jesse leave Sunday.

No comments: