Friday, July 24, 2009

Some days it seems like it never ends...

My goal for this past week has been to clean the carpets. I have diligently focused on this goal, and have completed two of the three areas on the main floor. But the dogs are really NOT happy with this state of affairs, and I am ready to toss one of them out on his butt! I blocked off the living room with the furniture I removed from it all by myself last night. I steam cleaned the entire area, taking about 2-2.5 hours to be sure it was thoroughly cleaned. Sometime in the night the "pest" pushed his way past my barricade, made his way into the living room, and peed on the non-working tv that was on the floor at the edge of the carpet (the tv is too big for me to lift on my own, but did help make up part of the barricade). It was ghastly! It hit the edge of my newly cleaned carpet, got under the tv, and, I am guessing, also got into some of the vents etc. that were on it as well. So today I again had to reclean that edge of the carpeting, along with another suspicious area that I found nearby, so said carpet is still wet and I am unable to put things away.

I am just so tired of dogs being dogs. They are housebroken, they know how to go outside, they know how to let people know they need to go outside. So why, oh why do they need to mark in the house? I want nice things. I want things to last! I am trying so hard to take care of what we have. I am so burnt out on cleaning up messes. Part two of this rant is that another of the dogs has discovered that she can knock the cover off of the garbage can and she roots in the trash. Worse, she won't eat on the linoleum, which is bad enough. No, she has to carry her "food" onto the carpet and eat there. I came downstairs yesterday to coffee grounds strewn everywhere because she pulled the styrofoam "take out" container from the bottom of the trash to the living room and anything attached to it fell where it pleased. Sometimes I just want to cry! We try to keep the pantry door shut but not everyone remembers (God knows I am equally guilty of leaving it open). But the worst part of it was they had just been fed and all had food in their bowls! There was no need to root in the trash! I get so frustrated sometimes!

As of right now, most of my living room is in the kitchen or the hallway, and I need to get to the dining/sewing room. I'd like to get that shampooed tonight. I also have my fingers crossed because they are predicting rain for us for the weekend. We had a heckofa storm last night with lots of thunder, lightening, and rain (along with the mud that goes with said downpours) and I am dreading mud on the newly cleaned rugs as well. I'm sorry. I shouldn't come here to vent. I just find it so incredibly frustrating sometimes!

On a positive note, I have reconnected with a friend I lost touch with many years ago, via the medium of facebook. I am so thrilled to have her back in my life, and time will tell how our friendship will evolve and change now that we are both older and "wiser". This is NOT the one I have sent emails to and phone calls that I talked about in an earlier post (which I have never received a reply to), although I hope someday to renew that friendship as well, but rather a friend I lost touch with when life got to be too hard to juggle everything with because of drama and other things. She was once someone very dear to me, and I am so glad to hear that life has finally settled for her in a direction that makes her happy and content. Talking to her today made me very happy!

On my prayer list today are Eric's sister-in-law, who had surgery yesterday for a rotator cuff (I believe) injury that just has not healed right (in her shoulder anyway), and for my brother-in-law's mother, who just lost both her brother and her sister-in-law to cancer this past week. While her own health has stabilized, this news is hard to bear for her, and she too needs lots of love and support. And I am also praying for my dear friend who is struggling with a blood clot again. She had pulmonary emboli and almost died from them just over a year ago, so this is quite scary news too. Any kind thoughts offered on their behalves would be appreciated.

I think it's time I head downstairs to start some dinner, then get going on my cleaning spree. I spent much of today doing errands or sitting on the phone, so I have things to get done tonight. It is gonna be a busy weekend!

No comments: