Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just a quick update...

My computer woes continue. Best Buy called to say there was indeed a hardware issue with my new desktop tower, and despite us dropping off the recovery discs for it, it wasn't reading them. After a call to Gateway, it turns out they neglected to send us the system restore disc along with the recovery disc, so now we are awaiting the delivery of that. Once it is here, we will take it to Best Buy, and they can (hopefully) get it up and running good as new. Adding insult to injury however, my 3 year old laptop had some wires near the power source plug (that attaches to th computer) break and fray, melting a hole in the insulation cord and causing it not to charge the battery when plugged in. In turn, the battery is getting a heck of a work out so it isn't holding a charge terribly long. Fortunately for me I bought an extended warranty on that one too, and they will replace the battery and power cord free of charge. I just need to use a preprinted label to send them in, and they will in turn send me the replacement parts... I will probably do that on Monday. Thus I am stuck using one of Eric's computers--currently I am on his laptop, which really isn't made for sitting on laps--man does it get hot fast! I hope I will have working computers by the end of next week!

I worked yesterday for 4 hours at the cutting table, and got many complicated customers who needed help; today was definitely entertaining though--I got paid for sitting and knitting on my socks for 2 hours this afternoon! I was demonstrating knitting in general and sock knitting in particular to entice people to register for the classes we offer, including those I will be teaching. Then, after I was done, I went and had the most wonderful pedicure at a new nail salon I decided to try (I love pretty painted toes but struggle to paint my own). I picked up some new patterns for sewing after work as well (we had Butterick patterns for $1.99 each, and I love their patterns). I really plan to start making some summery tops for myself as teeshirts are just not cutting it, and I would like to be comfortable but also "age appropriate" (whatever that means, hehee).

Things are going fine here. Aurora is done with her classroom segment of driver's ed, although she is apparently "Not Graduating" from it because there are things they (meaning the instructor) did not get to during her behind the wheel portion. Eric is pissed because all along we have felt like we (okay he) is supposed to be teaching her the skills and they just verify that she has them instead of the reverse, with him taking her out to practice. Rei is sitting on a D I believe for his English grade, however, he as gotten some nicely solid B's of late, so if he does well on the final, perhaps he'll get a C (but I doubt it--I just hope he passes!). Patrick has a friend of the female persuasion who has been around quite a bit; she is a lovely girl and we approve. Kimmie is also back in town and was here visiting the end of this week. She looks good and says things are going ok for her. She is currently staying at another friend's house (her parents are not yet in town). Brianne is still gone more than she is home and she continues to work only minimal hours. Patrick and Aurora will be headed to IN on Friday (17th) and will come home on the 26th. Eric will need to go get them on his own as Liisa will be driving down here to visit for a week, arriving that day and staying through the 2nd. Jesse will then fly in on the 31st and will drive back with her. Cannot wait to have my girl here! One of the patterns I found was for a wedding gown that she could use for her reception (if she wears my mom's dress for the ceremony). For $2 it was worth getting even if she doesn't use it!

Eric is back from cutting the grass at the church and is in the shower, so I should go. I want to chat with him some as he left when I got home. Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments: