Thursday, February 5, 2009

Any advice out there for marking animals?

I am so very frustrated right now I could just cry! Last night when I got home from grocery shopping and picking Reimond up from Confirmation class I discovered a warm, yellow Pee spot, right where I generally sit, on my side of the bed, on my white down comforter and duvet cover. It is also where Batman tends to sleep when I have the left the bed unoccupied for any length of time (which is why I generally make the bed--I hate cat hair on the sheets). This morning the kids were running late and I had to get up and drive them (another vent I won't go into at the moment), so I didn't make the bed up; just got up and drove. When I got home, all cold, shivering, and ready to dive back under the covers, I discovered that once again there was a warm, wet pee-spot in that exact same place from last night, only this time on the bottom sheet and soaked through to the mattress... I grabbed the bissel green machine and cleaned it well, including using an enzyme remover on it to get rid of the odor, but I am so upset right now I would like to just get rid of all the pets. Every single one of them!

My assumption is that it was NOT one of my cats that peed on the bed--it was in the spot that Batman primarily sleeps in, and he won't soil where he sleeps, nor will Rosie. That isn't to say that they haven't contributed to soiling things at times (like rugs or dirty clothes on the floor), but in this particular circumstance I don't think it's them. And the male dogs have been a pain of late: snarling and snapping at each other, marking the edges of things that are hard to clean, and trying to escape (Po has taken to camping the door and the second he sees a hint of light has been charging it and pushing his way past whomever is standing there trying to get in or out). I am tired of mess, of work, of stress! Maybe it would be easier if the kids took an active role to both clean up after them, stay on top of them and their needs, and took some ownership of their pets, but with Eric gone it's fallen on me to do it all and the kids (ALL OF THEM!) only grudgingly assist when directly told to do so. It's not fair to the pets, and it isn't fair to me! The worst part, in my opinion, is that they scream and holler when it's their stuff getting wrecked, but if they took some pre-emptive action, it probably wouldn't even be happening to the degree that it is right now (e.g. picking up their rooms, putting the dogs out when they get up in the morning, walking them now and again so they get some exercise, cleaning up messes when they see them instead of ignoring them until an adult notices...) I can't do it all by myself--this house is too big and there are too many pets! I get to the point, like today, where I want to even get rid of my cats, whom I adore, just because I am so tired of their being destructive (they are closed into the bathroom/walk-in closet at night because Batman likes to leap off the headboard onto sleeping individuals, and Rosie likes to chew paper); They have ripped open some cardboard boxes in there so Rosie can chew them and they both sharpen their claws on them, there has been pee found in random places (dog and cat both), and Batman likes to lick/chew the vinyl mini-blinds...

I am just so tired of mud, hair everywhere, soiling, mess, and added work... Any advice/suggestions are appreciated! If you need me, I will be in the laundry room trying to figure out how to "line dry" the duvet cover when we have no clothesline, and washing too much bedding (the stuff the kids used from the weekend's sleep over is also bundled and on the floor of the laundryroom for "someone" to take care of...)

No comments: