Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pictures of the wall quilt in process:

Here are some pics of the quilted wall hanging I am making for the bowling alley. It is appropriately title "Stars and Strikes," which is also the name of the bowling alley.



The blocks are a variation on the traditional pattern called "Cat and Mouse", where I adapted the coloration to reflect stars within the X's (strikes), and I used a different color for each star. I wanted it to look like the strikes (and stars) were floating around the bowling scene. I designed the bowling ball and pins myself, and they are fused on and buttonhole stitched. I hand quilted the boards of the lanes and I hope to echo quilt around the individual pins between the strikes, as well as inside the black of the strikes and the stars. I really need to get going on this because I have to have it done before Valentine's day, as that is the day it'll be raffled off. I am really happy with how it is coming along, and I hope whomever wins it appreciates and enjoys it. I tried to keep the color palate somewhat neutral so that it will fit into any decor.
On a side note, we are doing fine here. Eric sent me a half dozen long stem roses for our 6-month anniversary, which I was totally touched by (and didn't expect!), although he did tell me not to expect flowers again for valentine's day... He thought (and I concur) that they would mean more to me coming yesterday than on Valentine's day.
Ok, time to hit the shower and focus on my to-do list! As Eric says, "time is moving faster than I am!"

No comments: