Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's a wonderful day outside

and I am so glad to be out and about in it. I have to head off to do a few things this afternoon, but just wanted to take a minute or two to write. I have lots and lots of stuff tumbling through my mind.

The school just called and Rei is out of his meds (I keep some backups there if he forgets to take them in the morning before school); sounds like he was doing fine until this hour, where he has a sub that he isn't getting along with and it's frustrating him. Using problem solving skills, he is going to talk to the social worker and see if he can be in the ISS room to do his assignment, where things will be a bit less distracting for him. I am going to run by the school too and drop off more meds for him. I like it when he is proactive instead of waiting until he gets in to trouble to have them call me!

Just got a letter in the mail from Eric's lawyer. He was supposed to attend a hearing yesterday regarding the visitation issues, but because he is in AR at mandatory training the judge granted a motion for it to be continued until next week. Now he has to take a day off from work so he can be there. It's over the "missing week" from last summer, when it was just not feasible for the kids to go to IN (because of the wedding and then their school needs), as well as making plans for this summer's visitation. It has been suggested that Aurora doesn't "need" to take driver's ed this summer and should be told she has to take it during the school year, and that while Patrick having a job would trump visitation, until he has one he is expected to go too. It will make me really sad if the court rules against the needs/desires of the kids. I know in MN once the kids reach a certain age (I think it was like 12), they were entitled to a say in visitation and custody arrangements. The hardest thing for me to fathom, as a mother, is that this is NOT about the kids and what is best for them! Their thoughts and wishes are not being considered at all! If it was about them, and spending time with them, then, at least in my opinion, more effort would be expended on coming to visit them, participate in their lives, and contact them on a regular basis by phone. As my mom always said, "if I'm not important every day of the year, don't knock yourself out trying to make it happen on specific holidays." I realize it takes efforts on both sides to make things happen, and I am willing to accommodate and be flexible, but I do think that the kids should come first and be heard! Just my opinion...

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday because I ended up chauffering Cliff to get his cell phone warrantied out, and ran to the bank, so today is the day to do errands on post. After running to the school, of course, to drop off Rei's meds. I am loving my Zune (microsoft's answer to the ipod) and it's "Walkfit Channel"--dance music that makes it fun to work out to. I am really enjoying having it on! Can't wait for Eric to be home for keeps Friday night because he is going to go with me to the gym and show me how to safely and effectively add in some of the weight stuff to build up my arms, shoulders, and back muscles. I am not looking so much at bulking up as I am being healthy and fit. As I head towards 50 I want to be the best I can be. My dad and his oldest sister had their first bypass surgeries in their early 50's and I don't want to follow in their footsteps in that regard. I know I have some of the genetic markers in my system that makes me prone to heart disease and I want to keep them at bay for as long as I can! That's my goal anyhow.

Ok, 'nuff procrastinating. Time to go!

No comments: