Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday morning...

It's been a full weekend. Eric got in a bit after 10:30 pm to So. St. Louis, and we got back to the house around 11:30 pm Friday night. The kids were glad to see him, as was I, and it was hard to go to bed. It was even harder to get up the next morning! Aurora had to be to the high school at 6:15 for her ride to Carterville, and we got the family up by 7. We loaded up the car with 7 of us to head to the bowling alley to watch Aurora and the girl's team bowl in the sectionals for the state tournament. Brianne had drill, but the rest of us (including Kimmie and Anthony--a friend of Cliff's) went. Mascoutah ended up in 4th place overall, so no going to state as a team, but their top bowler, Amanda, held first place in the individuals (moving to second in the 5th game) for the tournament, so she will go as an individual. One other on the team held 4th place individually for much of the tournament, although her stats too dropped in the final 2 games. Aurora bowled well and bowled consistently in all 6 games, but struggled to get strikes (she generally picked up all her spares). 9 pins on the first ball seemed to be her forte yesterday and she seemed somewhat bummed by it. Eric was thrilled to be there and the kids did a nice job providing a cheering section. It made for a long day though--it was an hour and a half drive each way, and then 6 games... We actually had a hard time finding the place, after making a late start, s0 we didn't see the first game, but did see the rest. One observation I do need to make: there are a lot of RUDE parents in this world! People were very inconsiderate of others who also were trying to watch their kids... I was seated on a chair where I could see somewhat easily and a whole slew of parents walked over and planted themselves, standing on chairs, right in front of me. Did they think they were the only ones who wanted to see???

Surprisingly enough, everyone had a fairly early night last night--we were all tired out! This morning Eric and I were up somewhat early, as he had laundry and stuff to do before he heads out again today to go back to Arkansas. It doesn't look like he'll be back next weekend, but it's ok. As much as we are glad to have him home (and he is happy to be here), it's a long drive for a short visit. We are going to leave here around noon so they can be on the road back to Little Rock by 1ish.

I am plugging away on the wall quilt and Eric is impressed by it. I put a couple of hours in on it last night and will work more dedicatedly on it today. I have to--it's gotta be done by friday. I think I can do it. I also need to remember to go shopping for clothes for work over the next few days. I tried to go Friday afternoon to Kohls, and took Rei and Aurora with me. They each walked out with three things that were on clearance, but I found nothing suitable for me! Kohls is one of those places that is hit or miss for me--sometimes I can find wonderful things, other times nothing at all! JC Penney's and Sears. here I come!

No comments: