Friday, February 6, 2009

TGIF

Just some dribs and drabs to post today...

I think I figured out the peeing issue (as much as I can anyhow). The little unspade female cat is in heat, and I think it was her way of letting my (fixed) male cat know it. Last night I went downstairs to get some dinner and came back to yet another, this time relatively small, puddle, ON THE BARE MATTRESS where my previous cleaning efforts from the morning had all dried and no longer (at least to my nose) smelt of cat urine... Once again out came the green machine and enzyme remover, the mattress got scrubbed as well as I could do so, then I laid a doubled thick towel over the spot, put on the now clean mattress pad, and made up the bed (I had to sleep somewhere--so I slept on Eric's side of the bed!). We'll see if she's done marking for now.

I spent a good three hours yesterday cleaning the closet and rearranging things. As I had noted yesterday, the animals have all been destructive in there on some cardboard boxes, and I discovered one of the boxes peed in housed my jewelry boxes and other sundy items that had been on my dresser back home. This led to a full scale cleaning outburst, where things that couldn't be cleaned were tossed (the "Fly Ladies"-- http://flylady.net/ would be so proud of me!), things that still needing storage were placed into plastic covered bins, and the rest was put on my dresser (which still needs to be cleared off of stuff stored on it by my beloved spouse that I am clueless about). I discovered I really need a better jewelry box because one for sure was a casualty (and everything from in it is now jumbled into a clear plastic shoebox) and the other is one from the 50's that had been my mother's; it too isn't in great shape but was salvaged. Eric is gonna be so surprised when he sees what I have accomplished!

Eric is coming home for the weekend. I have to meet him in So. St. Louis around 11 pm tonight at the McDonald's near his buddy's apartment. Tomorrow we are going to go as a family to Aurora's bowling tournament. The girl's team is bowling in sectionals and if they do well they will be headed for the state tournament. Then Sunday afternoon he'll head back to Little Rock. It's a lot of travel for just a few hours home (about 6 hours each way) but worth it. He has laundry to do and I think just really needs to be home. I know I have missed him dreadfully.

I am headed to the high school to drop off Patrick's bowling gear... The kids took the bus this morning but he "forgot" to take it with him, even after telling me he was going to; How does he think I am gonna be able to lift it in and out of the Pilot myself? That stuff weighs like 32 lbs! I even make the guys carry in the dog and cat food for me as the 20 lb bags are almost too heavy for me! Then I am swinging by the laundramat--Brie had Eric's good sleeping bag on her bed and Laina decided to piddle there (this happened almost a month ago now and Brie still hasn't cleaned it up--she has been sleeping everywhere BUT in her bed since then...) I am sure Eric will be dealing with that when he gets home--I have tried but she isn't listening to me on that subject... Anyhow, the sleeping bag is too big for our washer so I will need to have it cleaned by them. Then, I am off to the gym. I have made a promise to myself to go every other day and use the cardio equipment for 30 mins. On my off days I try to be sure I am being active as well. I realized I have gotten to be almost "too big for my britches" and this sedentary lifestyle has to change. Working will help too as I will be on my feet most of the shift.

Which also reminds me, I have to go out and get a couple of things for wearing for work. My white blouses and my slacks are "too dressy" for helping to close down one store and set up another, so I might as well go get some serviceable black, blue, and khaki slacks, some white shirts, and some non-high-heeled black shoes (I have a pair of brown ones that are darling and very comfortable). Good excuse to do shopping later today, and Kohl's is advertising a fantastic sale from 3-7 pm tonight...

Lastly I need to be sure I keep quilting. I lost good quilting time yesterday in all my cleaning, but it had to be done, and yet the deadline is looming for it to be finished as well... Just gotta stay on track I guess!

And I am off!

No comments: