Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another 75 degree day...

and as busy as they come. Eric took the kids to bowling this morning, and Reimond and Aurora have both apparently qualified for the next round of a scholarship tournament. They need to bowl either tomorrow at 2 pm or in 2 weeks at 2 p.m. to continue with the qualification process. While Eric was with the kids at the bowling alley, I spent the morning doing laundry and tidying things up around here, then I had to get ready for work. I cracked the whip on Reimond doing homework today, and he has more to do tonight and tomorrow. The virus he has is now moving into his sinuses and chest, with sneezing and a runny nose. Yuck! I think he has been too active too, and should have rested more, but keeping him down unless he's dying is impossible.

Work was better today in many ways than earlier in the week. I spent the afternoon putting away small pieces of jewelry making supplies and beads. Tedious work, but it gave me time to think and ponder some things rolling around in my heart. I needed that. My back and my legs are tired though from all the up and down and bending. Time to unwind for a little bit!

Brianne had drill all weekend, but she started painting her room last night, and in true Tom Saywer fashion, has Aurora (and to a lesser degree Rei and Kimmie) all helping to paint. It's a grass green, very bright. Not sure where Patrick is at the moment, or Cliff--may need to go exploring. Patrick's bike is out front so my guess is he's around here somewhere. I have talked to Tony and while he isn't on the road yet, the plan is to head this way tomorrow. I cannot wait to see him and the babies. I'm sorry Andrea has to work and can't come with, but I need time with my boy too and the babies are a bonus--I have missed them dreadfully! Erika is still planning to fly in on Monday, so I will take a train ride to go get her, maybe with the babies in tow (and Tony!). Eric is at the singles and doubles part of his tournament from last week. I haven't heard how he's doing at that, but my guess is he'll be home around 7-7:30. It looks like he made a start on putting the living room back together, but there is more to put away. I will go look into that in a bit, after I have relaxed for just a little longer.

It's so nice to have the windows open again today. I know the cool air and rain is coming, you can smell it in the air, but I have enjoyed these last few days. It'll be decent when everyone is here, and who knows, maybe it'll get above 40-50; even if it doesn't it's still warmer than MN is right now!

No comments: