Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy First Day of Spring!

I was told last night I don't need to work on Saturday, so I now have the full weekend off. Eric is at work today so we won't be focusing on the yard, but I know I have things still to do around the house, and I have books to return to the library. Patrick is home today too. He has a miserable cold that he came down with earlier in the week. He came home from school yesterday and went straight to bed, where he has basically stayed since then. I double checked that he didn't have homework or tests due today, and since he didn't, figured it won't hurt him to rest today to feel better. It sucks to be sick, especially when it is so nice out!

Brianne also has the weekend off (today through Sunday) and I sure hope she gets cracking on her room. Once again it is uninhabitable, and she has been sleeping everywhere BUT her own bed. This is a picture Aurora took of her tossing a green ball in her partially painted green room, wearing her "St. Patrick's Day" tee-shirt... As you can see, it's going to be quite green. It's a cross between an apple green and a grass green, with a hint of lime thrown in... Kiwi green is the closest I can come to describe it. It's bright and cheerful though and she loves it. Now if she would just finish it up! I am just happy seeing color on the walls. Aurora is eager to do hers now, as she has helped Brie to paint in that room, and the boys too would like something other than stark white. Eric has said yes, yes, and yes, but... one room at a time.

Other than that things are pretty status quo for us at the moment, and for that I give thanks. It's nice to have a routine and stick to it!

No comments: