Thursday, March 5, 2009

Two posts in one day!

I just needed to vent a minute or two about inconsideration. I just went in to tackle my laundry room, and found that my brand new, 100% cotton, lacy cardigan sweater was thrown in the dryer and shrunk on me. I realize I have to take some responsibility: I started the load with it in there (it's machine wash, cool water, line dry), and walked away to do other things while it ran. Unfortunately, it seems every single time I start MY (or mine and Eric's) laundry, it becomes a signal that "OOOOooooo I need to do laundry too" and my stuff gets "shifted" and stuffed into baskets, sometimes still damp, and "theirs" gets done and/or left in there. That is what happened in this case I am pretty sure. I started it, left it to run, and someone else got in there before I was finished. I should have kept a better eye on the washer/dryer, but sometimes I start a load before going to bed, fully intending to finish it in the morning and that mysterious "someone else" decides to do their laundry after me... Regardless, I think I paid $30 dollars for it, (it would have cost more for me to make than I paid for it), it was a lovely shade of pale yellow, it was "springy/Easter-ish, and it went so nicely with the things I bought to wear for work. I felt professional, put together, and happy wearing it. Now it could fit Aurora, maybe, if it were longer. I am so sad! My only thought is to try re-washing it and hanging it on a hanger to dry and see if that will help stretch it back out (I have no place to really try to block it).

Why can't people be considerate and ask before they take over something, especially if they see it's in use??? Today is really sucking so far!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big hug. Bigger hug. Biggest hug. I can just see your face and hear your voice of frustration. I am so sorry. I know that level of frustration and I am praying for the Lord's arms around you. Take a deep breath. REALLY deep breath. Think of walking along Minnehaha and listening to the falls. The birds are singing. The smell of fresh spring air is wafting up your nostrils. No teenagers are around. No dogs. No cats. Nothing but quiet and nature and solitude. Stay a while and then come back.