Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a beautiful day! Oh, and Happy St Patrick's Day!

I couldn't tell you exactly what the temp is outside, but I got home from work all sore and worn out, made a sandwich, grabbed a beer (medicinal purposes--heehee), and sat outside on my swing in the sunshine. Eric got home from class, did the same, and joined me. We have decided we are going to use paver stones in the front of the house to extend the porch area where the swing sits, as well as to line either side of the driveway and the walking path from the driveway to the sidewalk near the house. Then we will put in gardens and so forth. We took measurements today though so we can price out the paver stones, and figure out how many we need. I am very excited about this! We are considering putting a "rail" of some sort around the extended porch area to add to the feel of it being an enclosed space, but we won't do it all at once. A little at a time as we can swing it! It's really nice to dream!

Eric has bowling tonight, as does Cliff and Brie. I would like to go to the alley too, but think I will stay home--chores to catch up on. Seems like it never ends! I have to admit, it has been nice to have Tony and Liisa come visit; they have actually helped with chores down here (unlike the olden days in my old house, heehee). I got a cute text message from Andrea that said "Justin misses you!". I miss them too. Today would have been perfect for going to the park, or just playing outside in the sunshine. Or, as I told Eric, going for a ride on his motorcycle. We need to contact Hawaii about the title and registration so we can get it licensed here.

So far the kids are staying on top of assignments for school; we have our fingers crossed that the grades will be passing! Things feel peaceful on the teen drama fronts for the moment, but like being in the hurricanes eye, that can change with the wind. I am not sure what I will have for hours next week: apparently we have very few hours left available for store setup, and I have worked only minimally these last two weeks, but when I have been there I have worked my butt off! I hefted so many bolts of fabric today my fingers, hands, arms, and legs just ache! I am NOT used to this typed of physical labor, and while I know it is good for me to be active, I have used muscles that forgot they had muscles recently! I don't bounce back the way I used to at all!

Aurora just got home from tack practice, I guess Kimmie is coming over, and Patrick is doing homework. Eric just reminded everyone that they need to help me out with chores as they do live here too, so I guess I need to go and set the example for them all... Can't I just sit on the swing and drink another beer?

No comments: