Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blue skies and sunshine!

It's a beautiful day again today, albeit a little chiller than the past few days, only around 51 degrees. I was out running around with no coat and wearing capris. I have to admit, I like the weather down here! I am hoping to get back outside for a bit after I finish up some things inside.

I love the base pharmacy, and I hate it too. I love that it's free, and that it's nearby. I hate the wait. Rei's med needed refilling and it became (once again) an all day process. Because it's a controlled substance, they make me pick up the rx at the clinic, where I have to show my ID and sign for it. Just for a paper prescription! That's a 20-30 minute drive each way. Then I head to the satellite pharmacy on base to get it filled. You take a number and wait. Then you turn in the rx and you wait. Today they at least told me it would be about 45 mins or more to fill it, so I ran over to the BX and wandered around/window-shopped (saw some adorable sandals, but they were $25, and of course drooled over the coach purses--my oldest brat now has 2 of them to my 1 designer fake...). Got back to the pharmacy and again waited in line just to pick it up. Started my trip at 10:45 and got home at 2:30. Wow!

I looked at patio paver stones at the BX while I was there (no sales taxes if purchased on post) and discovered that the ones I like are 16" square versus the 12" Eric and I had been thinking they would be, so I will refigure what it might run (ballpark figure) to do the "front porch" area first; the plain pavers which we would use for lining the driveway are significantly cheaper, so I am not as concerned about those. They also had some lovely rosebushes on sale this week, and while I didn't get any today, I filed it away for talking to Eric about. The other goal for this spring is to get at least one tree for the back yard, and a lilac bush. When we used my gift card from the youth bowling league for lunch on Tuesday we spent some time doing a rough sketch of where we might put them and I am so looking forward to having shade eventually in the back yard!

Eric is working an overtime shift tomorrow, then will have the weekend off. He returns to overnights on Monday (boooo!) so we will be readjusting our sleep schedules yet again. I really like the early to bed-early to rise gig. Makes it seem like I have so much more time to get things done! Ultimately I will take it as it comes though. I may have my hours cut on Saturday due to them having pretty much used up the store setup budget up, and am clueless as to what I might work next week. They are having a "customer walk-through" tomorrow with one of the company VPs and other staff to review all that has been done, and last night I went to a training for using things at/around the cutting table. Most of it was review for me, but meh, I got paid for being there. If all goes according to plan we will be having a "soft opening" beginning March 27th, with the grand opening later in April. I have to admit, it's kind of exciting to be on the ground floor of a new store opening. Seeing all the products come in, everything all bright and fresh and new... I do like that alot!

Tony says his kids are missing us down here. Alexis keeps telling everyone "Pekeiko is upstairs" (Aurora's cat), and telling Max (Liisa's dog) to "back up!" Justin told me on the phone he needs me to come to his house now, or he can come back to mine. As much as I loved having them here though, it's nice to have things a little quieter now. Speaking of quiet, the kids are all getting home from school, so I guess it's time for me to start running again.

No comments: