Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's a quiet, run of the mill Sunday.

I am feeling kinda crummy. Not soooo sick I need to stay totally in bed, but not so well that I feel like doing much of anything. I have had the chills and body aches for a couple of days now, and my nose is congested and my throat feels raw. I worked my shift yesterday (4 hours) and got through it, but it wiped me out for the rest of the night. It's probably a good thing Tony left when he did, although given Justin was sick when he got here, and Rei was getting over being sick, I was probably due. Didn't go to church today or anything. I just rested. But I am tired of laying in bed, and while both reading and cross stitching sound attractive in theory, I just don't have the energy for either.

Tony and the kids got home safely, although Justin was still trying to convince his dad about an hour before they reached Mpls that "they were reeeeeeellly lost and needed to turn around and go back to Gram's house...." Liisa, Jesse, and company also have safely landed in Myrtle Beach after a 2 day drive, for the classic car show Jesse has entered the hearse in. They have rented a beach house right on the ocean (and even got the same one they had a couple of years ago!), so Liisa was bragging to me about listening to the sounds of the ocean waves crashing from their porch. I am so jealous! I have never stayed in a beach house before (other than onces near lakes in Northern MN) and I think it would be heaven on earth to do so!

The rest of the kids here are doing ok. The teenage drama and angst, while not over, has settled to a simmer for the moment, and our focus right now is on grades and end of the term assignments to bring (male) grades up to passing. Both Rei and Patrick have not been doing so hot with keeping up on things, despite vigilance to the best of our ability, and they are "on probation" to get things to where they need to be. It's frustrating because they both could/should be doing better than they are.

Eric's classes also started this week, although he was only able to attend one of the three due to them being morning classes and him being on day shifts for this and next week. He returns to mids (overnights) on the 23rd, and then he will be able to make his all morning classes. The trade-off for that is that he will be running at times on a severe sleep deficit. His plan is to maybe crash for a few hours before (and maybe even after)class when he can at the one hospital closest to his school site. It is gonna be a hell term for him, but he sees it as do-able, and I will try to be as supportive as I can be.

The weather continues to be odd here, almost summer-like for a few days, then back to late-fall/early spring like temps... I have been scouting the garden sections at both Lowe's and Home Depot for ideas of things I want to do with the yard and garden, and I am hoping we will be able to get going on making some of those things a reality this year. I still haven't found my camera yet (the previous pictures were courtesy of Aurora's new camera), but as we accomplish things, I will try to post pictures, including one of Brie's green room!

I think I need to find some juice or tea and lie down again! Starting to feel a bit light headed and chilly. Man I hate being sick!

No comments: