Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update: supposed to be Friday March 6, 2009!

Reimond saw the PA and he does not have strep. Instead he has a nasty viral infection that is going around and starts out with fever, sore throat, and headache, then moves into the chest with a wicked cough. His quick strep was negative though and his lungs thus far were clear. We got a doctor's note excusing him from school through Monday, although they said if he feels up to it he can go, just load him up on cough/cold meds and/or ibuprofen. Great, lets infect the school too! Anyhow, we are going to take things on a day by day basis. He obviously is sick again today. We will decide on tomorrow, based on how he is feeling, about Saturday's detention. I have the note in my purse to support this, so what can they say, and I will pick up his homework today so he has the weekend to work on it.


I rewashed my sweater and it is now on a plastic hanger in the bathroom to dry and stretch out again, hopefully not too mis-shapened. I am frustrated that when I took the van to take Rei to the doctor's office the gas gauge on the van was riding on the edge of the red zone. I put $20 in gas in it, filling it to 5/8th of a tank on Tuesday night, and it's almost empty, but I have only driven it round trip to the base, to work, and now to the clinic. There is no way that took close to over a half tank of gas. I am also frustrated that the bedrooms I had asked that EVERYTHING be picked up off the floor of (mind you I started asking last weekend, AND I gave a deadline of needing it finished by last night at bedtime) still have not been done. I am so hurt and so saddened by the blatant disrespect to me and my wishes! Part of me wants to call everyone and say "sorry, but you can't come to visit, I have no place to put you to sleep," part of me wishes I had the money to just book two hotel rooms and say "F*%k it! I'll stay here with you!" and part of me wants to take everything left on the floor, box it up, along with all video systems, computer systems, books, and other distractions and say "Fine, you want me to do it for you? Now deal with it!" I am not generally a mean or vindictive person but I am tired of being ignored and my feelings disregarded. Either this house is now mine too and I am allowed to expect help and support, or it isn't, in which case, why should I do things for everyone else? It shouldn't have to be this hard! And I don't think what I am asking is unreasonable!

So here it is, Friday, and already at 7:30 a.m. my day is shot because things are not as they should be. I am NOT happy!

No comments: