Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back to reality!

First, let me apologize for how blue and negative I have been sounding of late. Things are NOT terrible; I just get into funks now and again, and for whatever reason, Easter was harder for me this year than some of the other holidays have been since my move south. I did make an Easter dinner for the family, which everyone who was here partook (is that a real word?) of, then Reimond went and rented the movie "Bolt" for me to see. We sat on my bed and watched it together after Eric left for work and I laughed myself silly watching it. (This is the movie I sent to Justin and Alexis for Easter but hadn't seen it myself). I talked to the family as they were gathered at my mom's, and Justin told me how much he loved his new dog movie, and Alexis tried to get me to "come out of the phone!". My mom commented that Alexis recognized me in various pictures she has of me around the house, and that made me very happy. Liisa also posted pictures of the little kids on her facebook page, and that too made me happy to see everyone in their Easter finery. It was bittersweet to hear that Liisa tried on my mom's wedding dress, with all the women (and girls) of the family in attendance (and I wasn't there to be a part of it), but I was thrilled to hear how much fun they had doing it, and I love the idea of Liisa wearing Grandma's dress (which will be 49 years old when Liisa gets married next summer).

Eric got home just before 3 am yesterday morning and we had an "eventful" round trip drive to IN and back. We had drenching rains both ways that added some excitement to the drive, although we were safe and got home in one piece. The kids were glad to see us and come home, and Rei was happy to be on a road trip, short though it was. We were tired out--neither Eric nor I got much rest on the road, but we were together and that is what counts the most. Maybe we can plan things better for the next drive, on Memorial Day, so that we don't have to rush quite so much for that one.

Eric just got home from school, so I think I will end here; maybe I will write more later on!

No comments: