Friday, April 24, 2009

Finally, some pictures!




Finally, some pictures! I had Aurora take some pictures for me of my container gardens (heehee) so that you could see my "green thumb" in action. The first round pot is full of pansies in all colors. I love how cheerful they are. Eric laughed at me because I guess I planted them in a container that was used at one point to hold the garden hose. I "repurposed" it--thought it would be fun, and I was right! The second picture is of my pot of double impatiens, which I really liked--they looked like little roses! I used one of my old pots from MN to house them, and they sit next to the front door. The pansies are next to the tree, mid-yard.


Then there is my created hanging basket, on a shepherd's hook, next to the "porch" and the swing, right in front of the house. These are mini pansies and violas, along with ivy (for the "drape" appeal). Last is my big pot of gerbera daisies. I love how big and colorful they are, and I inserted vinca too, again for the drape effect. Next to it is the lovely forsythia from my father-in-law, which flowered a brilliant yellow (my favorite!) and now is starting to bud out in leaves. The big pot is between the garage and "porch area" where it gets good sun.



These are pictures of my "advent calendar" project, by Chatelaine designs. Martina, the designer, published one part of the design, mystery style, for 24 days over December 2008. I started it shortly after she began putting the patterns out, but got way behind with other things going on, so I am working diligently to complete it before I start another, more spring/summer type of project. This is my "portable project" meaning it travels better than the two big ones I have on stitching frames. The last motifs, for the open area, are a Santa Claus putting decorations on a Christmas tree, and the ornaments are lovely swarovski crystals, which I have already purchased (I love the bead shop near where Brianne works, and they also carry nice yarns and knitting supplies). I just wish that I had used a different fabric for it, as the white snow falling and sparkling thread gets lost in the white background... That makes me a bit sad.
Work today was crazy busy with it being the Grand Opening, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that my van is done in time for me to go to work tomorrow. It was almost done tonight, but not totally. I am going to call some friends of ours for a ride to the bowling alley and have them drop me at the auto shop, and then they will run the kids home too. I guess the worst that can happen is I go in late, but I truly want to be on time and make a good impression. This is important to me as I will be demonstrating products, not at the cutting table. Eric actually slept a good part of today, for which I am thankful. He has class in the morning, then will come home for a few hour's sleep before going back to work. I am so glad to see this week coming to an end. He has his short week next week, so hopefully it will be a time for him to catch up on things he needs to get done for him!
The weather is gorgeous today, 85, and will remain so most of the weekend, albeit with a slight chance of rain. Then come monday the rains are back for most of the week. Naturally! I have windows open everywhere, and I am loving it! I am looking forward to a quiet night tonight, with stitching and tv watching: Ghost Whisperer, Numbers, and Flashpoint--all new episodes of each! Time to start dinner so I can watch tv!
(So frustrated with this blog right now--it won't format my paragraphs for me! I make them correctly, but upon hitting post, they all run together and even ignore indentation!)

No comments: